Upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 for Free (even in 2019)
On the launch of the Windows 10 in 2015 Microsoft had given 1 year time to Windows 7 users to upgrade to Windows 10 for Free. Later on they extended this time and than close the offer. But people are still asking that is there any way to get free upgrade offer? And I can simply answer ‘Yes‘.
Recently I tried to install the windows 10 on my new PC and was successfully able to use my windows 7 key. I just gave it a try and found that the deal is still on. Though I can not guarantee that it will work for everyone, but there is not harm in trying.
See the below process of upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7. You can also create a bootable windows 10 disk with it to install it on a different PC.
How to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10?
Users who still have not switched to the newer Windows 10. I advised them to switch as early as possible as Microsoft is going to shut down the support for Windows 7 operating system.
Upgrade process is hassle free for the users and all your programs and data will remain as it is in the upgrade process.
First of all you need a genuine windows 7 serial number to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 for free. During this process you have two options either upgrade Win7 to Win10 on the same PC. Or Install the Windows 10 on a different PC or partition. Using below method you can download the Windows 10 ISO file directly from the Microsoft. And it can be installed on a new computer using windows 7 serial key.
Steps to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7
- Download the Windows media creation tool from the Microsoft website.
- Download and Run this file. It’s an approx 18 MB file.
- It will ask for two options upgrade this PC or download for another PC. If you need an ISO image or windows 10 on to a bootable USB then choose second option. Otherwise choose first.
- Choose the create installation media. It will ask you to make a bootable USB or download an ISO image. You can later on burn an ISO to USB / CD or DVD.
- We prefer to use the bootable USB. It needs at least 8GB free space in the USB Stick. After the completion of this process you have a Valid and legal official windows 10 available in your USB drive. Now you can install the Windows 10 on another PC or on a different partition.
- When it ask for a Serial number or Product Key. Use your windows 7 Key and it will take without any hassle. (It worked for me in 2018 as well. Let me know if it worked for you or not? )
This is an easier method to get genuine Windows 10. So now avoid downloading from torrents or other illegal methods. But if this does not work for you then I will recommend to buy a valid product key from the Microsoft.
Buying Windows 10 is a onetime purchase and you will get the unlimited updates / upgrades. Microsoft announces Windows 10 as the last version and provide it as service.
Please share your experience whether it worked for you or not.