How to Fix Windows Update Error
How to fix Windows update error?
Most of the Windows update issues occur due to the last Windows update couldn’t be downloaded or updated properly. Sometimes Windows update’s downloads get corrupted while downloading. Once it gets corrupted, you may get several error messages while updating the Windows “Windows can’t be update”. That’s why, the Windows update get stopped in between.
Don’t worry, we have a proper solution to fix this Windows update error. Here in this article below, we have given some steps which will help you to fix Windows update issue. Please follow the following steps.
While following the steps, you’ll also learn how to re-register all the “.dll” files that are related to Windows update and its services.
1. Re-activate Windows Update
- Go to the Control panel
- Click on System & Security
- Click on Windows Update
- Click on Change setting from the left side pane.
- Look at the right-side pane and select the option “Never Check for Updates (Not Recommended)” from the drop-down.
- Then click on OK.
- After that reboot your computer once.
- Now, go to the same settings again (Windows update change setting) and then set it “Install Update automatically (Recommended)” Settings.
- After that restart the computer once more.
2. Run Microsoft Fixits
- Run following Fixit’s, these are recommended by Microsoft to fix Windows update issues to get it fixed.
- Restart your computer once and check if this works for you. If above steps doesn’t work then follow the next step mentioned below.
3. Run following commands to re-configure Windows Update
- Open command prompt.
Click on start >> go to Accessories>>and then go to Command Prompt. Then right click on it and click on ‘Run as Administrator‘.
- In the command prompt window, type the following commands one by one (which is in the box below) press enter key from your keyboard after run the following commands one by one.
net stop wuauserv net stop bits net stop cryptsvc net stop msiserver ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistributionDownload.old ren %systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll net start wuauserv net start bits net start cryptsvc net start msiserver SC QUERYEX BITS SC QUERYEX WUAUSERV SC QUERYEX cryptsvc SC QUERYEX msiserver
- Finally, restart your computer now.
4. Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
If the Windows update is not downloading and installing updates, then we should run the Windows update troubleshooter at first instant.
For Windows 10, 8, 8.1:
For Windows 7:
Download the Windows update troubleshooter file and double-click on it after download and follow its on-screen instructions to apply the troubleshooter fix.
Update: If you face error in Windows 10 updates DISM Command can help to fix the issue.