How to Fix Windows Update Error
How to fix windows update error
Most of the windows update issues occurs due to the last windows update couldn’t updated properly or maybe get corrupted file. Once it get corrupted, you’ll get the error message while updating the windows and your windows can’t be update. That’s why it has stopped when you trying to update your windows again and give you an error message. Might be have some more problem with windows systems files. Anyway, we have the proper solution to fix this windows update error. Here in this article you’ll learn how to re-register all the “.dll” files that related to windows update and also learn how to get start working all the services related with Windows update, Please follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Please Check ‘Windows update setting‘ Now you need to set as “Never Check for Updates(Not Recommended)” and click on OK.
2. Restart your computer once.
3. Now go to the same option again (windows update setting) and now you need to set as “Install Update automatically(Recommended)“.
4. Now run these mentioned fixits, these are recommended by Microsoft for windows update issue get solved the problem.
- Download MicrosoftEasyFix50202.msi
- Download and run this Fixit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058
- Download and run this Fixit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956698
- Download and run this Fixit http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Troubleshoot-problems-with-installing-updates
6. Click on start>>Go to Accessories>>and then Go to Command Prompt>> then right click on it and click an option ‘Run as Administrator‘.
7. In the command window you need to type following commands (which is under the box) one by one and hit enter button from your keyboard each time to execute the command.
net stop wuauserv cd %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution ren Download Download.old regsvr32 %windir%\system32\wups2.dll net start wuauserv NET START BITS NET START WUAUSERV SC QUERYEX BITS SC QUERYEX WUAUSERV
8. Finally restart your computer now.
Update: If you face error in Windows 10 updates DISM Command can help to fix the issue.