Low-end PC users who don’t have enough resources to run and enjoy Windows 10 can get the taste of Windows 10 by downloading and installing its theme in Windows 7. Yes, There are Windows 10 themes available for the Windows 7. In this guide, you will learn how to download and install the Windows 10 theme in Windows 7. This guide works for both 32- and 64-bit versions. We are describing here both methods first with a transformation pack and second without transformation pack.
Steps: Download Windows 10 theme in Windows 7
Instead of downloading multiple tools to set up Windows 10 look in Windows 7 PC, you can download and install a single transformation pack. The link is provided below. Follow the following steps:
- Download “Windows 10 Transformation Pack for Windows 7” → Download
- Double-click on the downloaded zip file (Windows 10 Transformation Pack 7.0.exe).
- Click on Yes if it’s asking through UAC.
- Click on install.
- Please wait while installing it.
- Click on OK. It shows that it is not supported.
- Wait while it is configuration user settings.
- Once it is done now, click on OK to restart the computer.
- The computer is restarting with a Windows 10 theme.
- After restarting its is asking to agree to accept the agreement of the user. Click on agree.
- There are settings for the desktop v2.0 theme. Click on OK.
- Your Windows 10 theme is ready to use. Enjoy it. Once you have done with it, you may simply uninstall it from the control panel.
- That’s it
Here’s the video tutorial for the same above:
Step to change the Windows 7 look to feel like Windows 10 without transformation pack
If the above Windows 10 transformation pack doesn’t work for you, then we suggest that you try the following more tools to get Windows 10 look in your Windows 7 computer without upgrade.
- First, you need to download the Windows 10 theme. Just download it, don’t install it, we’ll install it later after installing a Universal Theme patcher.
- Once you have downloaded the Windows 10 theme, you will need to download some more tools to install the downloaded Windows 10 theme in Windows 7. The tools are enlisted below, please download.
- Once you have all these tools downloaded, you are fine with moving to the next step. Open the download Universal theme patcher zip file (the first one). There are two EXE files in the zip, one is for 32-bit Windows and the other for 64-bit. Open the UniversalThemePatcher.exe file according to your Windows version.
- When you will open the theme patcher, it will inform you to modify/patch some system files. Click on Yes and move to the next step.
- In this window, click on the patch in front of all .DLL files. You can go back to old files in any case.
- Open Theme resource changer zip file and run the file according to your Windows version.
- Click on Next. Installation Wizard will open, just follow the on-screen instructions and install it. Restart your PC so that the changes made by these tools can take effect.
- It’s time to open the main Windows 10 theme zip file. From this file, then click on RunMeFirst.cmd file.
- After performing step 8, the extension of the theme files present in this folder will change. Open the Windows 10 theme file with any zip software such as Win RAR or 7zip.
Download and install SkinPacks Windows 10 theme. Use this password: skinpacks.com when prompted.Optional steps:
- Open the Default Taskbar folder from the zip file.
- Select all files and folders in the Default taskbar folder and drag and drop them to the location: C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\.
- Click on Continue if asked.
- The Windows 10 theme has been successfully added to the themes section of Windows 7. Now, you can easily apply the Windows 10 theme on your Windows 7 by going to personalize it. To do so, right-click anywhere on the desktop and click on Personalize.
- You will see multiple Windows 10 themes. Click on the theme which you like to apply.
- You can have a look much closer to Windows 10 but Windows 7 transparency is still there. To hide it, open Aero Blur tweaker file and open its EXE file.
- A pop-up window will open, just click on Hide Blur and you are done!
If you are afraid of upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10 then here is a complete feature and guide about Windows 10. And here is a working method to freely upgrade to windows 10 with windows 7 key.
If you are looking for Windows 10 themes then find check out the latest Windows 10 themes here for Windows 10. Or if you want to set up Windows 11 theme on your Windows 7 PC then you can do it easily as well. Follow this article: Download Windows 11 theme for Windows 7.