The next Windows 10 update is almost ready. The 21H1 will be the first update of the operating system. The last one corresponded to Windows 10 October 2020 Update. In previous years, Windows performed 2 major updates per year. However, this year will be different. In this sense, it was announced that after this major update at the beginning of the year, only a minor one will be performed at the end of the year.
Update without delays due to bugs
In the same line, there is a reason why Windows decided to make a change in the release of its annual updates. This reason corresponds to the reduction of bugs. The update is expected to be available between April and May. Thus, you will have more than 4 months for thorough testing. Therefore, no delays due to bugs are expected. Consequently, Insiders are receiving the latest version for the respective testing of the new features.
Small changes of great significance
Although this update does not promise major changes, it does include some that will improve the Windows 10 experience:
- Show the architecture of each process in the task manager (x64 or x86).
- Make it easier to change DNS
- Enable DNS over HTTPS by default
- Bringing the Disk Management tool to the Settings menu
- Make it easier to choose whether to use the dedicated or integrated GPU
- Cortana can now find and open files
- Improved disk defragmentation
- New emoji selector
- Linux and WSL improvements
- Linux files in file explorer
- Improvements in the sound settings
On the other hand, it was announced that the new features of this version will be included little by little. This through the monthly updates of Windows 10. In this sense, for the launch day, a small patch will be enabled that will include all the new features.