As Windows 10 has been released officially. And lots of users have already started upgrading their Windows 7 and 8 to the New Free Upgrade to the Windows 10. But what about the compatibility of the old programs. We will talk here about the Antivirus updates. Mostly all antivirus companies have already prepared for this new update in the market.
Some companies have already released their next edition along with Windows 10. But Norton has just released a Windows 10 Compatibility Patch meanwhile they launch its new Norton edition.
Though company has scheduled for the automatic update to apply this patch but that will take time. This is slow process. If you have already upgraded to the new OS or planning to upgrade then you can apply this patch manually.
Norton windows 10 Compatibility Patch version 18.104.22.168
In this release Norton have fixed many other bugs along with the following features.
- Windows 10 Compatibility.
- Cloud protection – Scan PC directly from cloud based virus definition to give you zero day protection.
- New Release also have the different look refreshed for the windows 10 compatibility.
This new patch is for all its products Norton Antivirus, Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Security and Norton Security with backup.
Before updating to windows 10
Its simple. Just Go to Norton update center and upgrade your Norton Software to the latest version http://updatecenter.norton.com/ And then start the windows 10 upgrade process.
After Upgrading to windows 10
We found that many users who upgraded to Win 10 are complaining that Norton has disappeared from the computer. Use the below steps to fix this issue.
- Download the fixit file from the above link and save it on your computer on your desired location.
- Run this file by right clicking on the file and choose run as administrator option.
- A window will open up click on the Next it will prompt you to install the updated version. If nothing will happen after clicking on the continue button then just go to the https://norton.com/setup and login with your Norton account info. It will upgrade the Norton product. If you get the Norton from Internet Service Providers (ISP) then just visit this link to get more information upgrading norton from Service Providers.
Hopefully it will be helpful for some users. Please share your experience or write the problem if you are facing any during windows 10 up-gradation in the below comment box.