How to Remove Snap.do Search from Home page (Removal Guide)
In Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome, Windows xp, Vista, Windows 7, windows 8
My home page has changed to search.snap.do search page and my search engine to feed.snap do. Today when I open my internet explorer, it shows snap.do at front of me as home page. And when I try to revert back it to google, it won’t allow me to change. It’s still snap.do search page persist as my homepage. Is that a virus? I have Norton antivirus security on my computer, and I don’t understand how it came. Please help!! give me the right way how to remove Snap.do Toolbar and Search.snapdo.com search page?
Yes, You are right – it’s behavior seems like a virus activity. I would like to explain you everything about Snapdo. This is an Adware program which comes with the Free downloadable software packages. It does install in the background and without your permission also and hijack your all the browser;’s settings and search engines. Why sanpdo adware comes into a computer – they just want your clicks on their advertisements. They get the heavy commission on it. They might be know your search behaviors and give you the same advertisement as per your behavior. They just wants your clicks only on their ads. That’s why it’s called ADWARE. Here in this post we have given the step by step instructions below. You will get the complete solution of your question how to remove & uninstall snap.do search from firefox, google chrome and from internet explorer permanently. Follow the following steps.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.7 to remove Snap.do Search Automatically from all of you browsers, This is a Freeware utility specially deigned for Adware Removal. This tool can remove adware from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and their registry as well..
1. Uninstall Snap.do from Control Panel
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel and go to Add/Remove Programs(XP) or Program and Features. Now find out the Snap.do Search entry then Right click on it and then click on uninstall.
(Note: If you face any problem while uninstalling any program then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it will remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
Step 1.1 : Remove Snap.do infection from windows shortcuts.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Snap.do/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Snap.do infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Snap.do infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
2. To Remove Snap.do Search in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorerthen go to Toolsmenu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Snap.do, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Now Restart Internet explorer
Remove from registry
- Click on Start and type Run and then type “REGEDIT” in the run box and then hit enter
- In the registry editor go to Edit menu and then click on find option, you will get edit box to search any string to registry editor
- Type in the find edit box “Snap.do” and click on Find Next
- The search result will highlighted that key which have the same string
- Edit that key and change the “Snap.do” string to “google.com“
- Use F3 key to find Next, Replace all them to “google.com”
- Then Restart the internet explorer
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet explorer and then go the Tools menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar), you can also click on gear icon in IE9/IE10 then go to Internet option.
- Once you clicked on Internet option you will get an internet option window.
- Now you have to click on Advanced tab. then click on Restore Advance Setting button once and then click on RESET button
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation to get it done reset process, Tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button
- Now you will appear a popup to complete all the talks, after completion you have to click on close button.
3. To Remove Snap.do search in Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under Startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see Snap.do, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
- In the Firefox type this command in the address bar “about:config” and then hit enter to open this page
- After that you will get a page which is asking for permission to open config page that confirm that please use it carefully so please click on button named as “I’ll be carefully, I promise“.
- Now you will a configuration page with search option on the top, so please type “Snap.do” into search bar, you will get the result.
- Replace all the string from “Snap.do” to “google”
In the search result do double click on the all entries (related to Snap.do search) one by one, and change them to “www.google.com”
- You can Right click on found results one by one and choose RESET option.
- Open “Troubleshooting information” page into Firefox.
- Open Firefox and then go the Helpmenu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar)
- Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information”, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option, It will take time to reset
4. To Remove Snap.do search in Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on Settings icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), Under this menu find out and click on Settings after clicking on that you will appear a configuration page.
- In the same configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on Set Pages, here you will appear the bunch of URL (Set pages), you have to delete all them and enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page find out the option named as ‘Manage search engines’ click on that, then you will get a page as Default search engine settings, here you will get some bunch of search engines, first of all change your default search engine
- Find out the google search engine and move your mouse pointer to their right side, here you will get 2 options.
- 1. Make Default
- 2. Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- Make default your google search engine, and delete all other than, one by one
Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser
- Now open this following path
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command in this Run box then hit Enter or OK
- Windows XP
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder please find a file named as “Preferences“ and now just need to rename this file from “Preferences“ to “Preferences_old“
- Now Start your Google chrome.
That’s it !!!
Also Read: Norton 2014 Discount
5. Scan your computer with Adware Cleaner
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from your computer, please follow the steps.
1. Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Download: AdwareDownload Link
2. Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe)
3. Then you will see a Adwcleaner program and you will 3 button in button, Search, Delete, Uninstall
4. First please click on search (as shown in below screenshot)
4. once you click on search it will take lot of time here, after that a notepad file will automatically open which is shows that the software found how many adwares. (as shown in below screenshot)
5. Now leave this notepad as it is and click on Delete button on the Adwcleaner program. (as shown in below screenshot)
6. Now after deletion process done, your computer will restart automatically. (as shown in below screenshot)
7. After computer restarted a notepad automatically will appear which is shows you the report of adware deleted or failed. (as shown in below screenshot)
8. Please close that notepad and run the adwcleaner once more and then now click on uninstall to uninstall Adwcleaner from your computer.
After done all the above process, all the adwares have removed automatically from your computer.
6. Scan your computer with Malwarebytes
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
2. Update online Virus Definition
3. Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
4. When the scan done click on “Show results”
5. After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”