Download file contained a virus and was Deleted IE, Firefox
Fix “File contained a virus and was deleted” (Removal Help)
for Internet Explorer 9, Mozilla Firefox, Google chrome in windows 7, 8, vista, xp.
When I try to download anything from Internet, it says a error message “File contained a virus and was deleted” I can’t download anything from internet. I recently installed a security into my computer however why it keeps popup and says that is a virus. Please help me to get rid of this. All downloads says virus infected and then deleted.
“File contained a virus and was deleted” if you are seeing this message after downloading files from the internet, It means you get infected with a rootkit. This is called ZeroAccess rootkit threat. Mostly this happens when you try downloading something from Internet Explorer Browser version 8,9 or 10.
Take This ZeroAccess rootkit trojan virus as serious threat. Because it is very dangerous threat and lead to invite other malware and viruses in your computer. So you can even lost your important data or your identity can be stolen by the bad guys. You should immediately take action to remove this infection from your computer as it works in hidden mode in the background and help other malware, viruses to enter into your computer.
It is found that the “Program contained a virus and was deleted” trojan is distributed through the programs like “software cracks” and “Keygens”. These are programs which promote the software piracy. As it keeps saying this message “all download this file contained a virus and was deleted” every time when you try to download any program from the Internet. So it is not easy to solve and remove this threat. But as it only affect the Internet Explorer users, you can try downloading its removal tool or Antimalware software from other internet browsers to fix this issue. With the help of a Good Anti-Malware program you can get rid of this “Program contained a virus and was deleted” infection and can protect you computer from future infections.
Method 1: Manual steps to fix “file contained a virus and was deleted” (Tested Method)
Please follow the following steps. This method is a tested method on many computers and it worked like a magic. Hopefully, it will help you as well.
- Turn it on the “Smart screen filter option”
Open Internet Explorer and go to “Safety” option which is located in the menu bar. Under “safety,” find the option “turn on Smart screen filter” please make it turn ON.
- Rename the Windows Defender Folder.
Go to “C:\Program Files\” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\”. Under program files, rename a folder “windows defender” to “windows defender.old”
- Rename the Microsoft Security client.
Go to “C:\Program Files\” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\”. Rename one more folder “Microsoft Security Client” to “Microsoft Security Client.old”. If it doesn’t exist in both location, then you can skip this step.
- Your download is working now. However it is a temporary fix, please go further steps to fix it permanently. It is a Virus (Zero Access virus) so you need to remove it completely.
- Download the “Trojan Remover Tool”.
Click here to download Trojan Remover. Note:- Do not install and run its scan (We will Install it in 7th step). Don’t even go further steps until the trojan remover will be downloaded.
- Revert the step 2 and step 3 to the previous stage.
After downloaded the trojan remover, rename “windows defender.old” to “windows defender.” then rename “Microsoft Security Client.old” to “Microsoft Security Client” from “C:\Program Files\” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\” locations.
- Now install Trojan Remover and run its scan. Install Trojan remover, update it and then run its scan. It will repair windows defender permission issue automatically. Just follow their prompted recommended Instructions. After done, reboot your computer once
That’s it, Now your issue has been resolved and the downloads start working normally without the error message. Windows defender permission issue also been fixed.
Finally, Scan your computer with Hitman Pro
After done method 1, we suggest you to please use a good antivirus other than Windows Defender.
Method 2: Change a registry keys value, so that we can start the downloading
- Click on Start and then type REGEDIT in search box (for windows XP click on run and type “regedit”) ( As shown in below screenshot)
- Start regedit in Windows 7, vista, Click on Start and then type “regedit” in search box
- A registry editor will be opened, now please change some data values
- Now open below path to and change “ScanWithAntiVirus” Value data to 1
That’s it, Check your downloading. If you still won’t download then follow the method 2
Method 3: Change Internet Explorer security settings
It is possible to change Windows Internet Explorer security settings. The following is how:
- Start Internet Explorer by clicking on the Start button . Inside the search box, type Internet Explorer, and after that, inside the report on results, click on Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Tools button , and after that click on Internet options.Click on the Security tab, and after that perform a number of the following below steps:
- To modify configuration settings for your security zone, click on the zone icon, and after that slowly move the slider on the security level that you’d like for this zone.
- To make your individual security settings to get a zone, click on the zone icon, and after that click on Custom level.
In order to Restore all security levels recommended to their initial configuration settings, click on the Reset all zones to default level button.
That’s it, Check your downloading. If you still won’t download then follow the method 3
Method 4: Rename AVG dll files
- Go to C Drive –>> Program files –>> AVG –>>AVG (Version 7 ,8,10 ) and find following file avgoff2k.dll
- c:\program files\AVG\AVG10\avgoff2kx.dll
- Rename this file “avgoff2k.dll” to “avgoff2k.old”
- Go to C Drive –>> Programdata –>> MFAdata –>>SelfUPD and find following file avgoff2kx.dll
- Rename this file “avgoff2kx.dll” to “avgoff2kx.old”
- Now Restart Google chrome (it must be downloading now)
That’s it, Check your downloading. If you still won’t download then follow the method 4
Method 5: Uninstall AVG Antivirus
Uninstall AVG Antivirus, because may be have some problem in AVG dll files
You should use their removal tool to uninstall any antivirus
Download >> AVG uninstall tool (if you are able to download from Google chrome)
That’s it, Check your downloading. If you still won’t download then contact us at email@example.com or you can click on Need help button (located in the very left side).
More information about that threat
The error “all download this file contained a virus and was deleted” means you have a ZeroAccess rootkit. virus has changed some permission of your system security files you had a antivirus which you tried to uninstall but it was not uninstalled properly that’s you facing that problem, most of all when the AVG antivirus was not not uninstalled properly then you may facing that problem. so please try to make remember that which antivirus did you tried to uninstall and now please uninstall in proper way, download their appropriate removal tool and and remove it completely. All Download telling me it has a virus and delete the downloaded file suddenly.
I want to remove this virus “downloaded this file contained a virus and was deleted“, How to i delete that “downloaded this file contained a virus and was deleted” I know it is a fake alert because, it say all the file which i am downloading from the internet it says the same keeps poping up i want to get rid of this “downloaded this file contained a virus and was deleted” from my computer. ie keeps saying all downloads are virus, i have checked some security files and i got my Microsoft security essential stopped and my windows defender is also stopped i can’t understand what should I do to fix this error “downloaded this file contained a virus and was deleted“. Please help me so that i can again go back to work, I do not want to restore my computer.
Remove “downloaded this file contained a virus and was deleted” from computer
Remove “downloaded this file contained a virus and was deleted” from Internet Explorer
Delete virus “downloaded this file contained a virus and was deleted” by Hitmanpro
Delete virus “downloaded this file contained a virus and was deleted” by malwarebytes
When you try to download any file you get that message Download contained a virus and was deleted or you can unable to download files in internet explorer 9 i always get that message contained a virus and was deleted this not a program this file contains a virus and was deleted Browser has virus deleted all files however in this file contains a virus and was deleted file would won’t download any file and the computer won’t download but i try t download in windows 7 won’t download files all the File won’t download in IE all the time internet explorer won’t download files browser won’t download files internet explorer won’t download anything or we can say computer won’t download files.
Each Firefox and Internet explorer 9 are gives me this problem once I try and download a file. The file downloads completely and after that merely receives removed. Not necessarily inside the trash can, not inside the virus container. Chrome doesn’t have that condition, downloads are saving normally. This file contained a virus and was deleted may be the message I receive from Internet explorer downloading, Firefox there isn’t any message. Type of an is this fact occurs with all the files for both internet browsers. Internet explorer allows me save image file although not in Firefox. From email a PDF file won’t download and saying that is a a virus and then deleted, It lets you do this with AVG switched off at the same time. I’ve come across a few others using this issue but no answer. This kind of issue began once i have been having some alerts that has a hard drive setup but surely could clone the drive to a different one C drive.