How to Remove AVG? Download Removal / Uninstall Tool
AVG products can be simply uninstalled with the ‘add or remove programs’ from the Windows. But if you require a complete removal then use AVG clear or AVG removal utility.
AVG uninstall tool
AVG uninstaller utility is a very powerful tool that is able to remove all files, registry entries and shortcuts automatically in one click. So it completely remove the AVG installation from the system.
AVG Removal tool is useful when AVG uninstall or repair efforts get failed.
Here we are giving you the download links of AVG uninstall tool compatible for windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, vista, xp. It works for both 32 bit and 64 bit architecture of the Windows.
Above are the direct links. You can also download the same removal tool directly from http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities
How to Remove AVG?
There are two official tools available for the complete removal of the AVG products.
1. Uninstall using AVG Clear tool
- Download the AVG Removal tool / Clear tool from the above given link.
- Run it and click on ‘install anyway’ if it ask.
- It will ask for the installation directory, you can leave them without changing. And select the product from the drop down list. Free, Internet Security or Business Security.
- Click on the Uninstall button. It may ask you to restart the system in safe mode.
2. Remove Using AVG Remover Tool.
- Download global AVG removal tool and run it.
- Click on the Install anyway if it ask.
- Click on the continue button under AVG Remover.
- It may ask to restart the computer to complete the process to removal.
Q: Why we use removal tool instead of uninstalling it from add / remove?
A: Normally to uninstall any software we use add / remove program feature of the windows. But sometimes we require to troubleshoot various installation issues like the compatibility issues, registry conflicting issue unable to install / uninstall issue etc.
Q: Is this utility work for all versions?
A: This tool should work mostly all versions like 2019 , 2018, 2017 and for 32 bit and 64 bit based Windows 10, 8, 7, xp.
Q: I am unable to remove AVG Management Console (AVG Zen)?
A : AVG has discontinue its Zen feature from last year. Now users can manage their subscription directly in the AVG software. So to remove AVG Zen first of all you need to remove all the AVG products and then uninstall AVG Zen. If you face any issue then you can use the Removal tool as mentioned above.
If you couldn’t uninstall AVG anyhow and want help, you may ask your question in the comment section below. We’ll answer you as soon as possible.