Download Mcafee Uninstall / Removal Tool. How to Remove McAfee?
McAfee uninstall tool
If you are going to uninstall / remove McAfee antivirus or any security product then you should use the official uninstaller tool provided by McAfee.
If you try to uninstall it by add / remove program, it doesn’t remove it completely, because some of security registry entries might be still remain in the windows registry. Which can create problems in installing other security product or re-installing or upgrading McAfee Product.
If you don’t use removal tool you might face problems like: Computer freezing, Unable to connect internet, computer speed slow and can also get installation error or problem in upgrading your McAfee software.
This removal tool is an official tool from McAfee to finish the uninstall process completely. Download the removal tool directly from McAfee website to remove the McAfee Installation from your computer.
How to Uninstall McAfee?
- Download McAfee Software removal tool.
- Run it and click on ‘Install anyway’ if asked.
- Click on Next. Click on Agree.
- Now enter security validation keys or Captcha key to confirm that you are a human.
- Now clicking on next will start the removal process. It will take some time and after completion show a message that Removal Complete.
- Restart the computer and removal process is now complete. Now you can reinstall McAfee or install another security software.
The above utility is compatible with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Q: Does this utility work to remove the Livesafe product?
A: Yes, this tool can be used to remove all of the McAfee products like McAfee Antivirus, Internet security, Total protection and Live safe.
Q: How to remove McAfee WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor?
A: You can uninstall these from the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel. No special removal required for it.
Q: How to remove endpoint product. Will this work for the endpoint security?
A: No, to remove an enterprise product. You need to download the EPR tool. Formerly it was known as McAfee ripper. You need to login to download this tool. Here is the link to help you. EPR
If you have any question you can ask in the comment section.