If you are going to uninstall / remove McAfee antivirus or any other McAfee Security products then you should use the official uninstaller tool provided by McAfee.
If you try to uninstall it from add / remove program, it doesn’t remove it completely, because some of security registry entries might be still remain in the windows registry. Which can create problems in installing other security product or re-installing or upgrading, re-activating McAfee Product.
McAfee uninstall tool
This removal tool is an official tool from McAfee to finish the uninstall process completely. Download the removal tool directly from McAfee website to remove the McAfee Installation from your computer.
How to Uninstall / Remove McAfee?
- Download McAfee software removal tool.
- Run it and click on ‘Install anyway’ if asked.
- Click on Next. Click on Agree.
- Now enter security validation keys or Captcha key to confirm that you are a human.
- Clicking on next will start the removal process. It will take some time and after completion of the process it will display message that Removal Complete.
- Restart the computer and removal process is now complete. Now you can reinstall McAfee or install another security software without any issues.
The above utility will work in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 and for both 32 bit and 64 bit.
Q: Why to use McAfee removal utility instead of simple uninstall?
A: If you don’t use removal tool you might face problems related to re-installation, license activation or compatibility issues.
Q: Does this utility work to remove the Livesafe product?
A: Yes, this tool can be used to remove all of the McAfee products like McAfee Antivirus, Internet security, Total protection and Live safe.
Q: How to remove McAfee WebAdvisor or SiteAdvisor?
A: You can uninstall these from the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel. No special removal required for it.
Q: How to remove endpoint product. Will this work for the endpoint security?
A: No, to remove an enterprise product. You need to download the EPR tool. Formerly it was known as McAfee ripper. You need to login to download this tool.
If having issue you can try a third party uninstaller like Revo uninstaller. If you have any question you can ask in the comment section.