Malwarebytes Download – A Free Antimalware
Malwarebytes is an antimalware software which truly provides great protection to the computer. It is free to scan your system for any infection. But to get the real time protection you need to buy a premium subscription.
There is no different installer for free and paid. You can download the free version and later on when you require you can use that same software as a premium after entering the premium license key.
Malwarebytes acquired different security technologies and merged all of them into their single security software to make it more powerful. Apart from its malware removal & protection capability which are almost unmatched it can also be used as an Antivirus. After years of research and integrating different technology it has now become a strong security software.
Another good thing about Malwarebytes is that under its ‘web protection’ it immediately block the access to dangerous websites. It is also capable to handle adware. So it make the internet browsing safe.
You will get a Free 14 days premium access when you install it. After 14 days you still can use it as an on demand scanner. You can scan for the threats and even remove them with the Free version even after 14 days premium trial. Premium is for real time protection. Premium subscription stop threats before entering into the system and it also includes a web protection which stop browsing bad websites.
- Advanced Malware Detection and Removal
- Industry Proven Clean-up Technologies Eradicate Existing Malware Infections
- Rapid Response Malware Database and Heuristics Updates
- Access to our Expert Community and Knowledgeable Support Team (Email/Forums)
- Chameleon Technology Gets Malwarebytes Running on Infected Systems
- Multi-Language Support (currently 35 and counting!)
- Heuristic Protection Prevents New Zero Day Malware Infections
- Malicious Website Protection Blocks Access to Known and Zero Day Malicious Web Content
- Automatic Priority Updates and Scheduled Scanning
- Blazing Fast Flash Scans
- Real-Time Active Malware Prevention Engine Blocks Known Threats (In Pro version)
How to use malwarebytes?
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free then double click on it to install it. Click on Install Anyway if Windows 10 asks.
2. After install, first thing is to update its threats definition database. On the right pane look for the update under System. Click on the link and it will start checking and downloading latest updates.
3. After completion of the update. Now click on the Scan Now button to start the scanning process.
4. After finishing scanning process it will show the list of infections.
5. After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
Malwarebytes Free vs Paid
As we have already discussed that it comes with two variant free and paid. So lets discuss here what is the difference between Free and Premium (Paid) versions.
- Free version is actually effective to scan the system which has already infected with the malware whereas in Paid version is stops before a malware enter into the system.
- Free version does not provide web protection to block dangerous website whereas paid version does not let you open the dangerous websites which spread malware.
- Free version can only be used on Windows platform whereas a paid version is compatible with Mac and Android as well.
|Compatible with||Windows only||Windows, Mac, Android, Chromebook|
|Cleans infected device||Yes||Yes|
|Real time protection from virus, malware, spyware, ransomware||No||Yes|
|Safe web browsing||No||Yes|
Q: Does it also remove the malware in its free version? or free is just to detect?
A: Yes it detects and removes malware in free version. Paid version is to catch the malware before they enter into the system. In paid version you will get real time protection.
Q: Is it worth to buy a premium license?
A: Malwarebytes is worth to buy but before taking my words, You can take a 14 days free trial to check its usefulness and then make your decision.
Q: I already have antivirus, do still I need it?
A: If you already have an antivirus on your system you still can use this tool without any compatibility issue. You can keep both in your system. You can use Malwarebytes free as a second opinion on-demand scanner. Or I can say it is better then bare antivirus. And if you are using a Internet security then still it is useful to keep it in the system.
Check: Malwarebytes Coupon Codes
Please share your experience or have any question ask in the comment section.