Malwarebytes is a popular & reputed antimalware software. It is available for free to download.
Its free version is free for life and you can scan & clean the malware threats for free. But to get a real time protection you need to purchase a premium subscription. So you can use it as a second opinion security software along with your antivirus.
For the first time users, It comes with 14 days free trial of premium subscription. There is no different installer for free and paid. You can download the free version and later on when you require you can use that same software as a premium after entering the premium license key. Or if you will not renew, it will automatically act as an on-demand scanner.
- Advanced Malware Detection and Removal
- Protects from Phishing & other online scams.
- Protects from ransomware.
- Protects from malicious & fraud websites.
- Rapid Response Malware Database and Heuristics Updates
- Access to Expert Community and Knowledgeable Support Team (Email/Forums)
- Multi-Language Support (currently 35 and counting!)
- Heuristic Protection Prevents New Zero Day Malware Infections
- Blazing Fast Flash Scans
- Real-Time Active Malware Prevention Engine Blocks Known Threats (In Pro version)
Malwarebytes has acquired different security technologies and merged all of them into their single security software to make it more powerful. Apart from its malware removal & protection capability which are almost unmatched it can also be used as an Antivirus (just antivirus not internet security). After years of research and integrating different technology it has now become a strong security software.
Another good thing about Malwarebytes is that under its ‘web protection’ it immediately block the access to dangerous websites. It is also capable to handle adware. So it make the internet browsing safe.
How to use Malwarebytes Software?
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free then double click on it to install it. Click on Install Anyway if Windows 10 asks.
3. After completion of the update. Now click on the Scan Now button to start the scanning process.
4. After finishing scanning process it will show the list of infections.
5. After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
Malwarebytes Free vs Paid
As we have already discussed that it comes with two variant free and paid. So lets discuss here what is the difference between Free and Premium (Paid) versions.
|Compatible with||Windows only||Windows, Mac, Android, Chromebook|
|Cleans infected device||Yes||Yes|
|Real time protection||No||Yes|
|Safe web browsing||No||Yes|
- Free version is actually effective to scan the system which has already infected with the malware or can be used to scan the system occasionally as an on demand scanner whereas in Paid version is stops before a malware enter into the system.
- Free version does not provide web protection to block dangerous website whereas paid version does not let you open the dangerous websites which spread malware.
- Free version can only be used on Windows platform whereas a paid version is compatible with Mac and Android as well.
Yes it detects and removes malware in free version. Paid version is to catch the malware before they enter into the system. In paid version you will get real time protection.
If you already have an antivirus on your system you still can use this tool without any compatibility issue. You can keep both in your system. Use Malwarebytes free as a second opinion on-demand scanner.
No, Its free version can’t be used in place of an antivirus. But its premium version is better then then the simple antivirus only. But if you are using an internet security then I would recommend keep it as an additional security layer.
Malwarebytes is worth to buy but before taking my words, You can take a 14 days free trial to check its usefulness and then make your decision.
Check: Malwarebytes Coupon Codes
Please share your experience or have any question ask in the comment section.