How to Remove TrendMicro Antivirus Manually (Remove Completely)
Windows 10 comes with its own antivirus solution, called Windows Defender. However, many users choose to install third-party antivirus tools. One of them is Trend Micro Antivirus. Now, the installation of this program is as simple as an app. In fact, all you have to do is run the installer and follow the simple instructions. However, some users have reported problems when uninstalling the antivirus. That is to say, when using the tools provided by the program, the uninstallation is not successful. In this case, let’s see how to manually remove the antivirus.
Manually uninstall the TrendMicro Antivirus.
Please note, this solution involves modification of the Windows registry. For that reason, proceed with caution. Additionally, I recommend you back up the registry.
- To enter the Windows registry editor, please press the Win + R combination and type regedit:
- Remove the following key from the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Trend Micro HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\NSC HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\OfcWatchDog HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Trend Micro\OfcWatchDog HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TrendMicro\PC-cillinNTCorp HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432node\Trend Micro\PC-cillinNTCorp HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\OfficeScanNT
- Next, locate the following registry keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services
- Next, within previous keys it is necessary to get the following records and delete them:
NTRtScan tmcfw tmcomm TmFilter TmListen tmpfw TmPreFilter TmProxy tmtdi VSApiNt tmlwf tmwfp tmactmon TMBMServer tmevtmgr
- Finally, it deletes the following registry entries from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE:
- Delete the Trend Micro installation folder:
- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro
- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\BM
- Restart the PC and in order to complete the proper uninstallation.
Finally, we have seen how to manually remove Trend Micro Antivirus. As we said before, it is advisable to use the tools provided by the program. Keep in mind that modifying the system is a risky option. However, by making a backup and following these instructions we will be able to continue without problems. See you later!