The new generation likes the dark mode in computers, laptops and androids phones. As you can easily activate the dark mode on your phone, you can easily enable the dark mode in Windows 10 as well. The dark mode option is not available below Windows 10 versions but you can flawlessly use it in Windows 10. Here in this article we’ll show you how to enable dark mode in Windows 10. Let’s see how to do it.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10
- First, enable the dark mode of Windows 10 for apps. To enable it, click on the Start menu and then go to Settings (Control panel).
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Color from the left side pane.
- Click on Dark which is under the option “Choose your default app mode”.
- That’s it.
How to disable dark mode in Windows 10
- Click on the Start menu button.
- Click on Settings (Control panel).
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Colors from the left-side pane.
- Then select custom from the drop down menu where the text is written dark or light.
- Now select Light (Light mode) from the “Choose your default app mode” which will give you light theme experience. It’s a cool one. In custom you can set the custom color option.
- That’s it. Your dark mode will be disabled instantly.
What is Dark mode?
Nowadays it is almost impossible to peel our eyes from a screen: we work by using a computer, we get our entertainment fix by watching TV, we keep up with our friends and families by using our phones… and all those screens put a massive amount of strain in our eyes ! That is why many different companies, apps and programs such as Windows have chosen to create what we call a “dark mode” for their displays: a colour option that includes much more muted colours such as blacks and greys that won’t damage your eyes as much as bright colours such as white. In theme you’ll see the vibrant darker color palette.
To start using dark mode simply go to settings and then to personalization and colours. Select the drop down menu named “choose your colour”: you will have the option to choose between light, dark and custom. This choice will change the colour of the Windows menu and the built-in apps.
Is Dark mode good for your eyes?
Over the past few years, millions of people around the world using computers have suffered from eye problems. This happens because the light intensity emitted by electronic devices negatively affects the sense of sight. To solve this problem Windows 10 offers Dark Mode to users to protect the eyes from intense light from screens. This decision raises a lot of doubts and people wonder: Is dark mode good for your eyes? It seems that wouldn’t be the best solution. Unfortunately, there is no brightness control option in the dark theme, you just set the dark theme for laptop users only. Along with this, you’ll get the color settings option.
The intense light on the screens damages the eyes, but there are other factors that influence: natural light and the number of hours we are facing the screen. So far there is no scientific evidence that dark mode alleviates the discomfort of the eyes. The best thing we can do is to use dark mode at night and regulate the intensity of the brightness, to avoid the aggressiveness of intense light when there is little left to go to sleep.
Why You Should Use Windows 10 Dark Mode
With the advancement of some features in modern user interfaces, dark themes are among the most trendy. If you are one of those who spend most of their time in front of their monitors then you might know that eye strain, in the long run, is part of the so-called computer vision syndrome. This can be alleviated and prevented with the use of a dark theme or dark mode (dark theme) feature. Here are three main reasons why Windows 10 dark mode is beneficial to you:
1) Good for Eyes – Lessen your eye strain and reduce the emission of blue light that can harm your health. A hormone that is needed for getting a night of good sleep is melatonin and blue light can restrain the melatonin’s secretion. In addition to that, the dark mode can also enhance visibility which enables you to use the device easier even in low light.
2) Saves Energy – Dark mode devices with AMOLED or OLED displays can save their energy consumption hence it can result in a longer battery life of the said devices. It naturally lowers the display power of each pixel so it will demand less display power in the background.
3) Graphics look more punchy in dark mode – Dark theme looks aesthetically pleasing. In contrast with the classic white look in every display interface, dark mode gives off a new and mysterious feeling. Graphic contents such as photos, graphs, and dashboards with bright colors also look good in dark theme.
If you want more theme in Windows 10 then check out the latest theme of Windows 10.
Does Dark mode really save energy?
Most of us that use a laptop worry about its battery life and want it to last as long as possible without needing to recharge. Any little detail that makes a difference is important for us; so something as small as using dark mode instead of light mode really makes a difference for us!
Dark mode can significantly impact battery life if you are using a OLED screen as it will make the darker pixels turn off completely; but LCD screens still use power to display both dark and light pixels completely (however, darker pixels still take less energy to light up than bright pixels). Therefore, it is true that using dark mode can significantly impact your battery life: just how much it can impact it is affected by your screen being OLED or LCD, however. It is difficult to give exactly a percentage of how much longer your battery will last, but no matter what sounds like switching to dark mode is a good idea!!
Which operating system has the dark mode option
Dark Mode is available in several different operating systems. In Windows 10, a dark mode was added in a more recent update. It can be found by going to the Settings app in the “Personalization” menu. The personalization menu has an option called “Colors” and under that option, there is a Dark option under the “Choose your color” drop-down menu.
In macOS, dark mode is available for Catalina and more recent builds. To find dark mode, you will need to open system preferences, and in the “General” area. In that section, there should be an option to switch the interface look too dark in the Appearance menu. There is also an option to toggle the dark mode automatically depending on the time of the day.
For iOS, dark mode is only available on iOS 13 or newer. In the Settings app, dragging down will show the “Display & Brightness” menu that will have a “Dark Mode” option.
Android also has this dark mode option as well.
Alright, enjoy the post if you have any query about anything so please let me know the comments section down below.