Hi guys, we come here with another fixit guide on a Microsoft error message: “Sorry, Microsoft office cannot start because the software protection” when open up the Microsoft outlook, office, etc. It is another outlook issue on Windows 10. Follow the following step by step guide on how to fix “Sorry, Microsoft office cannot start because the software protection.”
Error Message: Sorry, Microsoft Office can’t start because the software protection service has been rearmed. Please restart Windows and then try again.
Problem: Once you open up the Microsoft outlook, it shows you the error message “Sorry, Microsoft office cannot start because the software protection” and it won’t allow you to open up the Microsoft outlook. Once you click on OK button, the outlook flashes for few milliseconds, but after that, it closes automatically right away.
Solution: Here in this page below, we are showing you how you can fix “Sorry, Microsoft office cannot start because the software protection” problem by yourself. Let me just quickly show you here what you need to do.
How to Fix “Microsoft office cannot start because the software protection” Error
- Click on OK button on this error. After clicking on OK, the Microsoft outlook will open up, but it shuts down quickly.
- As the error message says, do reboot your computer once.
- If the issue persists after rebooting, then go to the settings. (Click on start and then click on settings icon – gear icon.)
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Apps & features from the left side pane.
- In the right-side pane, look for the Microsoft Outlook app and click on Microsoft outlook App. You may use quick search for searching the outlook app.
- Once you click on that, you’ll get two buttons “Modify” and “uninstall.” Click on “Modify” button.
- After that, it will come up with two more options, “Quick Repair” and “Online repair.” Please select Quick repair option because online repair takes a long time to fix it. Although the online repair option fixes most of the issues, but it may take longer time than quick repair. Try quick repair first. If it doesn’t work, then we’ll try online repair later. Eventually, click on the repair button.
It does take a little bit of time. You have to be patient here. Even though it is a quick repair, it will go through all the files and fix it if got corrupted. Once it is completed, you should get the finished message.
After finished, it will give you the message “Done Repairing” Click on Close button to close the Window. It has finished repairing office programs & features.
- After done, reboot the computer once.
- After rebooting, try to open up outlook App. It should work this time without any error message. So the issue is resolved.
If the issue persists after following steps, then you may need to go to “Online repair,” it takes a bit longer to repair. Please let us know in the comments section below. We’ll give you another idea to fix it.