When I open up Device Manager, it shows nothing. It is a blank screen. Device Manager window is empty. How do I get rid of it.
Blank page on device manager screen indicate that the issue is with the registry key permission. If a user has a limited access then it will show nothing to that user and will display a white empty screen. We have to change the registry permission to fix this issue.
Fix the device manager empty white screen
Follow the steps below to fix this issue using simple windows registry hack.
- Click Start ⇾ Run ⇾ type regedit.exe and then click on OK button.
- Locate the following registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum
- Now right-click on Enum and choose Permissions.
- Add EVERYONE as user and give it full permission
- Add SYSTEM as user and give full permission. Get more information about how to change ownership and get full permission.
- Restart the computer. After reboot, the issue must be solved. Please let us know in the comments section down below if doesn’t.