- How to cancel avast subscription?Catherine
Avast charged me for 1year subscription via my credit card. I had purchased Avast last year and now I want to cancel its subcription. Is there any way to cancel avast subscription? If so, please let me know the procedure.
- Yegon | #26163
Yes. You can cancel Avast subscriptions at any given time. I assume you still have all the details regarding the email used for subscription. Since you did not give me the details about your distributor, I will refer you to a direct link where you can specify whether it was Digital River, Nexway, Allsoft, AstroPay, or Cleverbridge. You can get this information from the subscription mail you received while making the subscription. Please refer to the email for more details and go directly to avast Link.https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/35/#:~:text=Tap%20the%20%E2%98%B0%20Menu%20icon,Subscription%20to%20confirm%20the%20cancelation.
Go to Avast site and login to your account->Proceed to the Licenses section then select licenses you are subscribed to->Sign in using the email you used while making payments and the license is assigned to-> Find Cancel Auto Renewal click it and confirm for it to take effect by selecting Deactivate Auto Renewal Subscription.
That is a simple process that works for any distributor methods. Check the Avast site for further instructions and help.Best AnswerTechexpert | #26273
If they have charged you for the current year that you don’t want, then you’ll have to contact Avast customer support team directly because only they can cancel your current subscription or make a refund request. Yes, it is possible to cancel your subscription within 30 days of purchase or renewal.
If this doesn’t work for you then follow the following further processes:
You may contact Avast customer support by phone directly and ask about the refund: 1-844-340-9251 (toll-free)
Raise tickets on their official forum: https://forum.avast.com/
To unsubscribe for auto-renewal, follow this process: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/contact/sales_autorenewal/?c=trueTom | #26295
If you have signed up for an Avast Antivirus subscription but have decided it’s not for you here are the steps you can take to cancel your subscription:
- First log in to Avast and click on the menu icon. This should be in the top left hand corner of your screen.
- From here click on “account” and select “subscriptions“.
- After this click “cancel” below the subscription you have signed up for. You will then have to click on “Cancel Subscription” to confirm this
If you do this within 30 days of purchasing a subscription you are entitled to a full money back repayment but you may need to contact Avast support. You can also contact them after the 30 day period to apply for a refund as well but before doing this ensure you have the following information:
- Order Number
- Reason you would like a refund
Alternatively you can cancel a subscription using only your order number using a “Contact Avast Support” form on their website.Amit | #26674
Avast is a popular antivirus solution which provides a reliable and comprehensive security from virus and other malware attacks. However, sometimes you may want to cancel its subscription in order to opt for another antivirus. If you don’t know how to cancel Avast subscription, then in this guide we will tell you in simple steps the shortest way of cancelling Avast subscription.
How to Determine Distributor of Avast Purchase?
There are five distributors from where you can buy Avast subscription: Digital River, Nexway, Astropay, Cleverbridge or Allsoft. If you don’t know from which distributor you made your purchase, then you should check the order conformation email you received after the purchase or look at your credit/debit card statement. Below we will describe in detail how to cancel your Avast continuous subscription via Avast account as well as all the five distributors mentioned above.
How to Cancel Avast Subscription Via Avast Account?
1. Go to, https://my.avast.com and login into your account. 2. Under the relevant subscription click ‘Unsubscribe’. 3. Choose the option ‘Unsubscribe from future renewals and let my subscription expire on (date)’. Next, click on ‘Confirm’ button. 4. A conformation screen will appear, click on ‘Got It’. That’s it you have cancelled your Avast subscription.
How to Cancel Avast Subscription Purchased Via Digital River?
1. Go to, https://www.avast.com/find-order. Enter your order ID and password (which you can find in your order conformation email) and click ‘Find Order’. 2. Go to ‘Your subscriptions’ page. Next you the relevant subscription click on ‘Unsubscribe’ button. 3. Choose the option ‘Unsubscribe from future renewals and let my subscription expire on (date)’. Then, select ‘Confirm’ button.
Your Avast subscription has been cancelled.
How to Cancel Avast Subscription Purchased Via Nexway?
1. Open the order conformation email that you got after you purchased the subscription. In that email, click on the link which gives you the option to cancel the subscription. 2. Now use the email and password to login into the Avast Customer Portal. 3. Go to the Overview page, select ‘Change Auto-Renewal settings’ option. 4. In the Payment and Billing Details page, scroll down to find ‘Auto-Renewal’ section. In this section, choose ‘Disabled’ option. 5. To confirm the cancelling of subscription, click on ‘Disable automatic renewal’ option. You have cancelled your Avast subscription. You will receive the conformation in an email.
How to Cancel Avast Subscription Purchased Via AstroPay, Allsoft or Cleverbridge?
To cancel Avast subscription which you purchased via Allsoft, Cleverbridge or Astropay, you will have to visit the Avast Support Page. On this page, fill in your details under ‘Contact us’ section and submit your request. Make sure that you use the same email address, which you used while registering the account on the Avast website. Wait for the Avast customer care to respond and follow the procedure suggested by them. That’s it. As you can see, cancelling your Avast subscription is an easy process which can be successfully completed in simple steps. However, you must remember that each Avast subscription is managed separately. Therefore, if you want to disable more than one Avast continuous subscription, then you will have to follow the same steps for each subscription that you want to cancel.