How do i solve desktop background does not change in windows 7 or vista
If you facing problem to change the desktop background in windows 7 or vista, it means the main reason behind that the TranscodedWallpaper.jpg file has become corrupted. Here are few steps to resolve this problem, please follow these steps it automatically resolved.
Fix this myself manually
1. Go to this path %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\
2. you will see a TranscodedWallpaper.jpg file, please rename this file to TranscodedWallpaper_old.jpg
3. If you will see slideshow.ini then open that file in notepad, in the notepad DELETE all the text if is there written.
4. Save the file and close it
5. Now restart the computer and then try to set desktop background, Most certainly it will work fine.
If the problem persist, then follow some more steps here to resolve.
6. Check if any Incompatible applications has installed that help to change the manage display setting and desktop background
7. Check the background setting in the Power Options
Click Start, type Power Options in the Search box, and then click Power Options on the list.
In the Select a power plan window, click Change plan settings next to your selected Power plan.
Click Change advanced power settings, and then expand the Desktop background settings option.
Expand Slide show, and then make sure that the Plugged in option is set to Available.
Click OK, and then close the Edit plan window.
8. Check the Remove background setting under the Ease of Access settings
Click Start, Control panel, Ease of Access, and then click Ease of Access Center.
Under Explore all settings, click Make the computer easier to see.
Make sure that the option to Remove background images not selected.
Click OK twice, and then close the Ease of Access Center window.
9. Check for a Domain policy that disables the background changing
If you computer is under company domain then you have contact your administrator
After perform all these nine steps try to set the desktop background. it must be working fine