Hi guys, today we’ll discuss about how to remove the system BIOS password on a laptop, even if you have forgotten the password.
Although, you can reset the bios password through resetting BIOS physically (reset jumper), but it is not that easy job. You may also reset BIOS password in the bios settings, but you may be stuck on the same “Enter administrator password or power on password” or “Enter System password” screen.
Here, we are going to give you the step by step guide, how you can remove bios forgotten password. We are going to use the laptop manufacturer’s backdoor password (Default Password) to remove the unknown bios password. This trick will work only on branded laptops/desktops like HP, Dell, Acer, Sony, Lenovo, Asus, Toshiba, etc. This trick won’t work for assembled computers.
Follow the following steps.
How to Remove BIOS Password on a laptop [Steps]
- First of all, start your computer laptop/desktop. It’ll be asking for the “administrator password or power on password.”
- Enter the wrong password at least 3-4 times, until you get the “System Disabled” message with the error code. In my case, the system disabled code is “48377343” as you can see in the screenshot below.
- Note down the error code. We’ll use this code to get the default password of your laptop from the Internet. To access the Internet, you may use another device with Internet connectivity.
- Use another device and open this website: https://bios-pw.org/. You’ll get a page in front of you which is asking for your laptop’s “System Disabled Code” (48377343).
- Here, you need to enter the “System Disabled Code” (48377343) and then click on “Get password” button.
- After clicking on the “Get password” button, you’ll get the search result, which is showing you the default passwords list of your laptop hardware. Might be you’ll get more than one result, so choose the one password according to your laptop manufacturer. In my case, my laptop brand is HP, so its default password is “57055985” in front of that.
- So, we just have got the default/backdoor password (57055985) of our notebook from a website. Now restart your computer, and you’ll get the same screen “enter administrator password or power on password”. Enter the password that you have got from the www.bios-pw.org website. In my case, it is: 57055985.
- And then press the enter button. It worked for me. Hopefully, it will work for you as well.
- Restart your computer one more time. This time, it won’t ask you for the system BIOS password anymore.
That’s it. Enjoy the trick
Hopefully, now you have understood, how to clear unknown bios password (BIOS password recovery for Laptops).
When you power on your laptop, and you’ll get the password screen. If you are trying to go to bios setting to reset this password, then it will ask for the password first.
The tool covers most of the laptop brands.
Acer, Asus, Toshiba, Dell thinkpad, toshiba satellite, through service tag, elitebook, Surface Pro, fujitsu, aspire, lenovo, hp, sony vaio, msi, panasonic, phoenix, Samsung laptops.
Some popular laptop model numbers list.
z420, y510, p11e, y510p, y580, x201, x240, x250, x220, x230, 2760, p8460, pt440, t430
Q. How to bypass BIOS system password screen?
A. Sorry to say but there is no bypass for the bios administrator password. You should enter the password, or you can remove it password using its default backdoor password method which is already given above in how to do section.
Q. Is there any tool for bios password reset?
A. Yes, there is an online tool (bios-pw.org) where you can the default password to reset it.
Q. I am putting the right password on “Enter Administrator password or power on password” bios screen, but it keeps saying “incorrect password”. How to recover my computer bios password?
A. Might be you have forgotten the password. Don’t worry, because you can easily unlock the bios password by following the above given how to remove bios password guide.
Q. How to Break/crack the bios forgot password?
A. There is no option to break the bios password. You only have the option to remove the bios password. Follow the above given password removal steps carefully.