How to perform Power Drain on Laptop & Desktop to clear the static charge
What is Power Drain
Sometimes, a static charge remains into the computer’s motherboard and run around it even after turn off the computer and after removed the laptop battery too. This “power” called “flea power.” Power drain process does drain all the extra power (static charge) from your electronic devices. Here, in this page, we will show you how you can perform a power drain process on a computer. We have given step by step guide with the pictures of how to power drain the Laptop. Please follow the following steps.
Why we need to perform a power drain
The main reason is when the laptop or desktop computer is working properly or doing some unusual acts. For an example: Your laptop is blinking all the lights but is not booting up.
What type of problems can be fixed by using the power drain process?
We are sharing with you some common issues that can be fixed.
- The laptop all the lights are blinking but not booting up
- USB Ports are not detecting any device
- Getting BSOD (blue screen) message
- Computer sound is not working
How To Power Drain the Laptop (Steps)
- Turn off the Laptop
- Unplug all the cables from the Laptop
- Take out the Laptop battery
- Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release it to drain the flea power (static charge.)
- Reconnect all cables back again and turn on the laptop
How To Power Drain The Desktop Computer (Steps)
- Turn off the computer
- Unplug all the cables from the back of the computer
- Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release it to drain the flea power (static electricity.)
- Reconnect all cables back again and turn on your computer.