How to Put your Computer into Sleep Mode Quickly
Here in this article, we'll share with you the step-by-step guide on how to put your Windows 10 computer into sleep mode using keyboard shortcuts. Please follow the following steps.
Some peoples want to take a break (power-nap) in between the work, computers also require the same power-nap which is called sleep mode. Do you want to know how to put your computer into sleep mode quickly? Here we’re going to see how to do that. This is a good way to save energy when working. Equally, important is that it allows you to extend the life of your computer. We knew some methods to do that. We are sharing my experience with you here. In this post, we will see how to activate the sleep mode, using the keyboard shortcut keys. We will also see how to activate the hotkeys to make it faster.
Let’s see some methods on how to get a computer into sleep mode quickly
We are sharing with you some methods here, opt one of them and apply it on your computer.
1. Put your computer into sleep mode using the Sleep button.
2. Using Ctrl + 4 Keys
The first shortcut we will use is an old acquaintance of the users of Microsoft systems.
- Go to your desktop first.
- Press Alt + F4 keys together.
- Once you press the buttons, move with the directional arrows until you reach the Sleep option. Then press Enter to activate the option.
3. Using Start Menu.
A second way to put the computer into sleep mode is to press the Win key. It is well known that pressing this key displays the installed programs. You can also start the search. In the same way, you can access the search tiles. But in this particular case, what interests us are the menus on the left.
- Press the Win key, press the Tab key. Then, scroll down until you click on the power icon. Likewise, press Enter until the option to enter the Sleep mode appears.
4. Using Windows + X Keys
You can also put the computer into sleep mode by pressing the Win + X combination. Alternatively, you can right-click on the Windows menu. Then press the letter U. Finally, click on the options Sleep.
Now, let’s learn how to create a keyboard shortcut for Sleep Mode.
There really is no combination of keys to put the computer to sleep. However, there is a way to enable it. To do this, you need to create a shortcut to the sleep mode function.
- With this intention, copy the following command:
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0
- Then right-click on the desktop and select New Shortcut.
- In the displayed window, paste the previously copied command. Press Next to continue.
- Then assign any name to the shortcut. Press Finish to complete the process.
- Finally, you can see the shortcut created on the Windows desktop. Consequently, by double-clicking on it, you will put the computer in sleep mode.
- However, what we want to do is create a shortcut to put the computer into sleep mode. With this in mind, please right-click on the shortcut and go to Properties.
- Once there, click on the Shortcut tab. Immediately, select the Shortcut key box. Please note that the combination has to start with CTRL+ALT or CTRL+SHIFT and add any symbol or letter. I am assigning a Q letter with Ctrl + Alt combination.
Some users love to use hotkeys. Well, in this post we have seen how to assign a shortcut to put Windows in sleep mode. As an additional point, you can use this method to assign a hotkey to any application. Tell us, do you use hotkeys? What are your favourites? Comment and Share!