How to Install a Printer Driver on windows 7 – Setup Guide
How to install a Printer on windows 7
Do you have a printer which you want to install it on windows 7? Here we’ll show you with the step by step guide (with the screenshots) how you can install printer on windows 7 machine using USB port. Setting up a printer is very easy task in windows 7. Let’s see what you need to do. Click here to go to the steps.
Every printer needs its specific driver to communicate with the computer. Driver should be compatible with your operating system as well. So please make sure you are using correct printer model number & correct operating system driver to avoid driver conflicting.
Now the next question should be, where to find printer driver? You have four options to find a printer driver. Please look into that below.
- Most of the printer drivers are built-in in the operating system. Computer will pickup the drivers automatically when you connect it if operating system have this printer driver in-build.
- Find printer driver in a CD or DVD which came with the printer.
- Download driver from printer’s official website. Example:- Download Hp printer drivers: HP website
- Find & install printer driver using Windows Update.
Step by Step Guide
- Click on Start and then click on “Device & Printers” – you’ll get the printers page.
- Then go on the left-top corner and find “add a printer” option, click on “add a printer”.
- Now you got a printer setup wizard front of you and asking to “how do you want to install your printer” with USB cable or Wireless / Network. Select USB cable option.
- Select the option “use an existing port” USB port and select “USB001 / USB002 (Virtual port for USB printer)” and then click on next button.
- Now in the next window you’ll get windows built-in drivers list. Pick your printer make and model number drivers and then click on next to install it.
- If above built-in driver method doesn’t work then you’ll need to go to two buttons there “Windows Update” & “Have Disk“. If you have downloaded the drivers from its official website (Know how to download driver) then use “Have Disk” option and give the downloaded driver path there. If you couldn’t find the driver then you’ll have to press “Windows update” button to install the driver.
- After that you get your printer driver successfully installed.
See all the steps in screenshot below.
That’s it !!! Enjoy the post…
In recent times, laser printers have got less expensive and much better in high quality, but they are awful when it comes to simplicity of use. How to install a printer on windows 7, vista. HP regularly consists of driver cd disk using their printers which are hundreds of MB’s in space. Actually? Does my printer actually need software which is similar in size to ‘Microsoft office’? I do not think like that.
There is also complex setup workouts and wish many steps to set up which are simply hard for many customers. I expended a great hours Installing my wireless printer and I am a tech guy. My mommy could in no way to get a wireless printer and that’s simply unhappy. Printers should not be so difficult to make use of! In this post, I am about to try to make suggestions throughout the common methods to solve lots of printer difficulties.
how to install a wireless printer here you will learn how to install printer without cd, there is setup guide to how to install a network printer, installing printers manually when software would not work, how to install a printer driver, if you lost your drivers disk here you can install printer without cd, printer manual guide to how to install wireless printer
I am quite surprised myself personally just how many issues We have with computer printers, specifically wireless.