I have a printer when I click on it’s properties, it gives me a error Function address 0x5fa05d caused a protection fault. (exception code 0x0000005) and also property page may not displayed. and when I open a wordpad files thes gives a error message wordpad has stopped working.
How to fix Function address 0x5fa05d caused a protection fault. (exception code 0x0000005)?
If you got that type of error message, that means, might be printer drivers have gone corrupted by any reason. Please Re-install a latest drivers by printer’s manufacturer website. Follow the below instructions to fix this issue.
Follow the steps.
1. Please click on XPS document Viwer prnter icon and make it default first.
your Wrodpad has stopped working issue has been resolved after done first step.
2. Uninstall your printer, Right click on your printer then click on remove option.
3. Download & install the printer latest drivers online or you can use your printer driver’s CD Disk.
4. Then make that printer as a default printer again. And restart the computer.
5. If you could not find the proper driver for the printer, then try to install by windows update.
6. If windows update also did not found driver that means your printer may not compatible with the windows version that you use.
Finally if you have installed proper driver then you will not getting this error message on printer properties.
4 thoughts on “How to fix Function address 0x5fa05d caused a protection fault. (exception code 0x0000005)”
I have window xp service pack-3, and i have a printer Office Jet K7108 connected on network. When I try to print out, printer does not print. And when I click on its properties it gives an error Function address 0x45d9f78 caused a protection fault (exception code oxc000005) some are all property pages may not be displayed.
Please solve my problem ASP.
Here is your proper printer drivers (epsonT-60 for xp) please click on this link to download the proper drivers
Please read this article for uninstall printer manually.
hopefully it will work !!!!
I have window xp, and i have a printer Laserjet colour Epson T-60 connected on networking. when i try to print out , printer does not print. and when i click on its properties it gives an error Function address 0xc5fao5d caused a protection fault (exception code oxc000005) Some are all property pages’s may not be displayed.
please solve my problem