Logitech G Hub software is used to control and customize the various settings and features of Logitech devices installed on a computer. Therefore, proper functioning of this software is important if users want to enjoy the complete features of their Logitech devices. However, sometimes the Logitech G Hub software doesn’t install on a computer and most users don’t know how to fix this problem. In this guide, you will learn how to fix when Logitech G Hub is not installing on your computer.
Why Logitech G Hub is Not Installing?
There are multiple reasons for improper functioning of Logitech G Hub software on your computer. A common reason can be inability of the Windows OS to determine whether this program needs to be started or not. This happens when Windows thinks that this program is already running, but you think Logitech G Hub installation has failed. In some cases, Windows Firewall blocks this software from running.
Sometimes Logitech G Hub doesn’t install properly and sometimes it fails to start when you run the program. Both these situations give similar result, but their cause may differ slightly. Doesn’t matter which situation you are encountering, but the solutions given below will surely help you in solving this problem.
How to Fix When Logitech G Hub is Not Installing?
Go through the solutions we have discussed below and choose the one which suits your cause. If you don’t know what is causing this problem in your computer, then you can try these solutions one-by-one.
1. Install Microsoft Visual C++ Package
Microsoft Visual C++ is necessary modual to make start Logitech G hub software on a computer. So make sure it is installed on your computer. If it is already installed, then you should try to reinstall it again.
Before installing Logitech G hub software, you’ll have to download and then install Microsoft Visual C++.
Let’s see how to install, download and install Ms visual c++:
- Download Visual C++ for Windows 32bit from here:
If you have a Windows 64bit version, then download Microsoft Visual C++ from here:
- Double-click on the downloaded Visual C++ setup file.
- Click on the Agree check-box and then click on install.
- Please wait while it is installed.
- Once installed, it will ask from your restart the computer. Then click on restart button.
- After restarting, download and then run Logitech G Hub from here: https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/gaming/lghub_installer.exe. Hopefully this time it will start installing. Watch the following video to see how it is installed.
2. Restart Logitech G Hub
If you think your Logitech G Hub software is installed properly, but is not loading at start-up, then maybe Windows thinks that the program is already running. Solve this problem by following the steps given below.
- Right-click ‘Start’ button and choose ‘Task Manager’.
- In the Processes tab, right-click the Logitech G Hub software under Background processes and select ‘End task’.
- Now try to run Logitech G Hub program manually. Most probably, this solution should work if the program was properly installed.
3. Allow Logitech G Hub in Windows Firewall
Sometimes Windows Defender Firewall blocks Logitech G Hub from running on your computer. Therefore, you will have to manually allow this program in Windows Firewall. The steps for doing this are given below.
- In the search box type ‘Windows’, from search results select ‘Windows Defender Firewall’.
- In the Windows Defender Firewall window, click on ‘Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall’ link.
- Click on ‘Change settings’ button.
- In the list of programs find ‘LGHUB Agent’ and make sure its check box is checked. Then, click ‘OK’. If you are using any antivirus, then do the same steps in antivirus’ firewall.
- Doing this should solve your problem if you have installed the program correctly, but Windows Firewall is blocking it.
4. Run Logitech G Hub as Administrator
If you are unable to install Logitech G Hub software properly, then you should try installing it by giving it Administrator rights. You can do this by following the steps given below.
- Locate Logitech G Hub installer on your computer. Right-click on the installer and select “Run as administrator” to start the installation.
- Click ‘INSTALL‘.
- Wait until G Hub is downloaded.
- Click ‘INSTALL AND LAUNCH‘ and follow the prompts to complete installation.
- Once the installation is complete, check if the program is running properly or not. If this doesn’t work, then move to the next step.
5. Reinstall Logitech G Hub
If none of the above solutions work for you, then you will have to reinstall your Logitech G Hub software. To do this, follow the steps given below.
- In Control Panel, select ‘Uninstall a program’.
- In the programs list, right click Logitech G Hub and choose ‘Uninstall’.
- Follow further prompts to complete the uninstallation.
- Visit the Logitech G Hub Download Page. For best results, you should install Logitech G Hub directly from Logitech website.
- Click ‘DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS’ button.
- The Logitech G Hub installer will be downloaded to your computer. Locate the uninstaller on your computer, right-click it and choose ‘Run as administrator‘.
- Click on ‘Install‘ button.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Click on ‘INSTALL AND LAUNCH‘ button to start the installation process and follow the prompts to complete the process.
- That’s it. The reinstallation of Logitech G Hub software is now complete. It should work now.
The solutions we have shared above should be able to fix the problem when Logitech G Hub is not installing on your computer. However, if your problem hasn’t been solved, then the problem may be with some hardware. It would be better if you get your computer checked for problematic equipment.