Logitech G Hub software is used to control and customize the various settings and features of Logitech devices installed on a computer. Therefore, proper functioning of this software is important if users want to enjoy the complete features of their Logitech devices. However, sometimes the Logitech G Hub software doesn’t install on a computer and most users don’t know how to fix this problem. In this guide, you will learn how to fix when Logitech G Hub is not installing on your computer.
Why Logitech G Hub is Not Installing?
There are multiple reasons for improper functioning of Logitech G Hub software on your computer. A common reason can be inability of the Windows OS to determine whether this program needs to be started or not. This happens when Windows thinks that this program is already running, but you think Logitech G Hub installation has failed. In some cases, Windows Firewall blocks this software from running.
Sometimes Logitech G Hub doesn’t install properly and sometimes it fails to start when you run the program. Both these situations give similar result, but their cause may differ slightly. Doesn’t matter which situation you are encountering, but the solutions given below will surely help you in solving this problem.
How to Fix When Logitech G Hub is Not Installing?
Go through the solutions we have discussed below and choose the one which suits your cause. If you don’t know what is causing this problem in your computer, then you can try these solutions one-by-one.
1. Install Microsoft Visual C++ Package
Microsoft Visual C++ is necessary modual to make start Logitech G hub software on a computer. So make sure it is installed on your computer. If it is already installed, then you should try to reinstall it again.
Before installing Logitech G hub software, you’ll have to download and then install Microsoft Visual C++.
Let’s see how to install, download and install Ms visual c++:
- Download Visual C++ for Windows 32bit from here:
If you have a Windows 64bit version, then download Microsoft Visual C++ from here:
- Double-click on the downloaded Visual C++ setup file.
- Click on the Agree check-box and then click on install.
- Please wait while it is installed.
- Once installed, it will ask from your restart the computer. Then click on restart button.
- After restarting, download and then run Logitech G Hub from here: https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/gaming/lghub_installer.exe. Hopefully this time it will start installing. Watch the following video to see how it is installed.
2. Install the latest .Net Framework Package
Download and install the latest Dot Net Framework. Go to the Microsoft official download page .NET framework: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework
3. Run Logitech G Hub as Administrator mode
If you are unable to install Logitech G Hub software properly, then you should try installing it by giving it Administrator rights. You can do this by following the steps given below.
- Locate the Logitech G Hub installer on your computer. Right-click on the installer and select “Run as administrator” to start the installation.
- Click ‘INSTALL‘.
- Wait until G Hub is downloaded.
- Click ‘INSTALL AND LAUNCH‘ and follow the prompts to complete installation.
- Once the installation is complete, check if the program is running properly or not. If this doesn’t work, then move to the next step.
4. Install G hub using compatibility mode
- Right-click on the downloaded G hub installer file and then click on properties.
- Click on the compatibility tab.
- Tick the check-box “Run this program in compatibility mode for“
- Beneath that, click on the give dropdown and select Windows 7.
- Click on apply and OK.
- Now, right-click on the G hub installer and then click on “Run as Administrator“
5. Clean the temp files and then re-install G hub
Clean up temporary files and folders and try to reinstall it.
Delete all the files and folders from temp / %temp% / prefetch folders (from following locations):
To clear your junk files, you may try TFC Utility (Freeware)
Reboot your computer and then try to reinstall the G hub software.
6. Kill the Logitech G Hub Installation Process and re-install
If you think your Logitech G Hub software is installed properly, but is not loading at start-up, then maybe Windows thinks that the program is already running. Solve this problem by following the steps given below.
- Right-click ‘Start’ button and choose ‘Task Manager’.
- In the Processes tab, right-click the Logitech G Hub software under Background processes and select “End Task“.
- Now try to run the Logitech G Hub program manually. Most probably, this solution should work if the program was properly installed.
7. Allow Logitech G Hub from Windows Firewall
Sometimes Windows Defender Firewall blocks Logitech G Hub from running on your computer. Therefore, you will have to manually allow this program in Windows Firewall. The steps for doing this are given below.
- In the search box, type “Windows“, from the search results select “Windows Defender Firewall“.
- In the Windows Defender Firewall window, click on the “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” link.
- Click on the “Change settings” button.
- In the list of programs, find the “LGHUB Agent” and make sure its check box is checked. Then, click ‘OK’. If you are using any antivirus, then follow the same steps in the antivirus firewall.
- Doing this should solve your problem if you have installed the program correctly, but Windows Firewall is blocking it.
8. Restart your computer in “Safemode with Networking” mode then try to reinstall G hub
Restart your computer in “safemode with networking” mode and then re-try to install G hub into this mode. Here’s how to get into safemode with networking mode.
9. Install the old version of Logitech G Hub (Previous Version 2021.3.9205)
If none of the above solutions work for you, then you will have to install the previous version of Logitech G Hub software. To do this, follow the steps given below.
- Download the Logitech G Hub (Previous Version 2021.3.9205) – Click here to Download.
- After downloading it, right-click it and choose ‘Run as administrator‘.
- Click on Yes – UAC will ask you to allow permission to install it on your computer.
- Click on ‘Install‘ button.
- Wait while it is initialing.
- It is now being installed, please wait until it is finished.
- After a few seconds it will be installed. Click on the next arrow and then click on Launch G hub.
- Logitech G hub is now installed. The very first thing you have to do is disable the auto update so that it won’t update to the latest version. Click on the gear icon and then un-tick checkbox of “Enable Automatic Updates“. Watch the following video clip.
- That’s it.
The solutions we have shared above should be able to fix the problem when Logitech G Hub is not installing on your computer. However, if your problem hasn’t been solved, then the problem may be with some hardware. It would be better if you get your computer checked for problematic equipment.