How to Fix Installation did not succeed NET Framework Error
It is common practice that most of the software installation wants .NET framework. Eventually, we have to install .NET framework, before installing other software. But sometimes, .Net installation occurs this error message: “Installation did not succeed“. After getting this error message, the installation will abort, and .NET framework failed to install. The computer won’t install other software until unless you install .NET framework. So here we’ll talk about this topic on this page. Let’s learn what is the problem with it, and how we can resolve it.
You are getting this error “Installation did not succeed” while installing .NET framework maybe due to outdated Windows updates. Sometimes the Windows update doesn’t complete properly. And .NET needs up to date windows.
Do update your windows or install its missing essential updates. Below we have given the offline Windows update as well. Please install it to fix this issue.
How to fix installation did not succeed NET framework error
First of all, click on the “Finish” button of the error message “Installation did not succeed“. After that click on “Close the Program” if asked. The error message will close down and the .NET installation will abort.
- What you need to do is, download the Windows update latest knowledgebase and install it. Click here to download for 32bit / download for 64bit the latest Windows 7 update kb2670838.
- Double-click on the downloaded Microsoft kb2670838 knowledgebase and follow its on-screen instructions to install it.
- After finished installing, reboot your computer once. See the below screenshots for reference.
- Download .Net Framework latest version v4.6.2, and install it once more. That’s it. Hopefully, you won’t get this error message anymore on this time installation. Please let us know in the comment section below if the error message still appears. See the below screenshots for reference.
- Reboot your computer and try installing the NET Framework. If still getting the same error message then try following the below-given steps.
- Open CMD (Command Prompt) in administrator mode.
- In the command prompt window, type the following command “net stop wuauserv” and press the enter button to stop the service.
net stop wuauserv
- Now type the following command “ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old” and press the enter button.
ren %windir%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Type the following command “net start wuauserv” and press the enter button to start the service.
- Reboot your computer and try installing the NET Framework once again, this time it should install successfully.