How to fix Blue Screen Error in Windows 7 using Hotfix
Blue screen of death or BSOD Error is a big headache for computer users. As it comes suddenly and hangs or freeze the computer completely with displaying some message on a Blue screen. We can not do any other thing on this stage except switching off the computer and restarting it. If blue screen error come again and again it can corrupt the hard disk and crash your windows 7 OS. Which can results in data loss.
Cause of Blue screen Error
There are many cause of this error it can be due to some hardware issue or can be due to some software issue. Instructions on how to fix the blue screen error in windows 7 OS. You can follow the steps given next in this tutorial.
Fixing Blue Screen Error in Windows 7 using Microsoft Hotfix
Microsft has given an official fixit by which you can fix blue screen error in windows 7 with this utility. Follow the below steps for this.
- Open your Internet Browser like Internet Explorer / Firefox / Chrome
- Go to the link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979444 . This is an official link to download the hotfix from Mircosoft windows website.
- Select the option “Download Hotfix Available”.
- Accept the terms.
- Then type your email address and unique code and click on Request hotfix.
- Then check your inbox. You will get the confirmation email on your email ID.
- Get your latest update to fix the blue screen error.
Hopefully it will fix the problem and you can get rid of this blue screen error in windows 7.
If not it means it can be due to some other issue. You Can follow other steps to remove this error.
1. Scan for Malware and Viruses with a reputed antivirus and anti malware software.
2. Update your windows Installation. So you must have to download the latest security patches released time to time by windows.
3. Run Scan disk to fix hard drive error if there any.
If none of the above work then you can try a last fix by Changing your RAM. This is the common hardware which damaged and can cause this blue screen error.
If still unable to resolve the issue then ask technical help or take the computer to a repair shop.