How to Enable / Disable Sync Settings in Windows 10
Today we are going deepening in the study of our beloved operating system. As we know, we live in a globalized world, permanently connected by the internet. In effect, Windows’s users sometimes may own or use several PCs with Windows 10 installed. In the same way, one of quality of a good operating system is the possibility of customizing as user wish, with themes, password, and other features according to user’s preferences.
With this in mind, Windows 10 introduces a brand-new feature: it is talking about “Windows Sync”. Just as its name indicates, this property allows synchronizing between as much as PCs with Windows 10 owns a user. The only requirement is logging with the same account and password in every PC.
How to enable sync settings in Windows 10
To enable the sync settings, follow the following steps.
- We are going to type Sync on the search bar and click on sync your settings.
- Turn ON the Sync settings toggle switch. This option is enabled only if you use Microsoft account to login into the computer. If use local account, then you can’t enable the Sync service at all. After turned ON the Sync setting, a window will be open with all the options to synchronize:
- General synchronization.
- Language preferences.
- Ease of access.
- Other windows settings (like printers or mouse options).
- All we need is to select what component we would like to synchronize or not.
- On the contrary, there are users who want to keep individuals configuration in the various PCs that they have, or just simply do not desire to synchronize at all. It is important to realize, that these settings remain in cloud services too.
How to disable sync settings in Windows 10.
So, now let it see how disabled synchronization and delete settings synced to Microsoft Account.
- To do that, we need to repeat former proceed: go to sync your settings and turn off the Sync settings toggle switch. Please remember, we have to do this proceeds in every PC when we turned on sync settings. In like manner, to stop synchronizing settings and remove them from the cloud, we have to go https://account.microsoft.com, and select devices.
- Then, navigate to the bottom of the site and select clear synced settings.
- A warning message will be appeared, we have to select on clear. We will be redirected to another site, when we need to select Remove.
- In the next window, select yes. And this is it! We just erase all sync information.