How to Create a Full Backup Image of Windows 10 and how to Restore it
In this article, we'll show you how you can take full backup of Windows 10, and a step-by-step guide to restore it when you need.
Windows 10 has an inbuilt powerful tool that can create a system backup image as a backup of your operating system. So, you may restore from it anytime whenever your computer fails to boot. This process is not too typical, it is even very simple. So, let’s see what you need to do to take a complete backup of your Windows 10.
How to create a system backup image
- With this intention, please enter into the control panel, by typing control in the search bar:
- Once the control panel is open, please enter the Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- In the next screen please click on Create a system image.
- As mentioned above, it is possible to save the image to a hard drive. It is also possible to save it on a group of DVDs. It is also possible to save the backup to a network location. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will save the backup on a hard drive.
- After selecting the location, just start the process and wait a few minutes while the wizard does his work.
How to Restore backup image
- Press the Win + I combination to enter the settings. Once there, please go to Update & Security.
- On the next screen, click on Recovery.
- From the Recovery, menu please select Restart Now. This will restart your computer and display the Windows advanced options. Once there, click on System Image Recovery.
- After that, it will ask you to select the created system image drive. Select the drive where you have backed up and followed the on-screen further instructions.
Restore procedure if your Windows won’t boot.
This tool to create a system backup image has been present since Windows 7. In effect, this method allows you to make a complete copy of the operating system. This includes applications and files.
This way, if the operating system fails, it is possible to completely restore Windows 10. As you can see, it is a very interesting method to back up all the information present in the system. Well, in this post we will see how to make a full backup image of Windows 10.