I can’t open some of my icons cause it’s saying “not a valid Win32 application.
Follow the following steps to fix this issue from your computer.
Steps to fix “not a valid Win32 application” issue
To fix this issue, we are sharing with you 5 methods below. Please apply them one by one and check which one will work in your case. Please share your experience by leaving a comment below.
1. Run SFC /scannow command
Sometimes, the system file gets corrupted. Please follow the below command to fix any system corruption issue.
- Open the command prompt.
- Type the following command SFC /scannow and then hit the enter button from your keyboard. It will start scanning your computer for scan & fix any system corruption issue.
2. Install Windows Shell
Sometimes, the Windows shell of the computer is not working properly, we suggest you to please re-register the shell.dll file. Follow the steps below to learn how to do it.
- Press Window + R Key together to open up the Run box.
- Type the following command: regsvr32 / i SHELL32.DLL into the run box and then click on OK.
3. Scan your computer for virus infection
This may also occur due to a virus or malware infection. We suggest you to please scan your computer with a good antivirus or anti-malware program. We are suggesting some selected anti-malware software below, please check them out.
Download and run a scan of the following software.
4. Fix corrupted user profiles or create new
If the above methods did not work for you, then the last possibility is that your computer’s user profile got corrupted. Please try to reset your user profile by following the steps below: If the repair doesn’t work then we finally suggest you to please create a new user profile and transfer all the necessary files into that.
5. Update Windows
If nothing works in your case, then we suggest that you update your Windows and make sure it is up-to-date to fix this issue.