I can’t open some of my icons cause it’s saying “not a valid Win32 application”.
Follow the following steps to fix this issue from your computer.
Steps to fix “not a valid Win32 application” issue
To fix this issue, we are sharing with you 5 methods below. Please apply them one by one and check which one will work in your case. Please share your experience by leaving comment below.
1. Run SFC /scannow command
Sometimes, the system file got corrupted. Please follow the below command to fix any system corruption issue.
- Open the command prompt.
- Type following command SFC /scannow and then hit enter button from your keyboard. It will start scaning your computer for scan & fix any system corruption issue.
2. Install the Windows Shell
Sometimes, the Windows shell of the computer is not working properlly, we suggest you to please re-register the shell.dll file. Follow the below steps to know how to do.
- Press Window + R Key together to open up the Run box.
- Type the following command: regsvr32 / i SHELL32.DLL into the run box and then click on OK.
3. Scan your computer for virus infection
This also may occurs due to virus or malware infection. We suggest you to please scan your computer with a good antivirus or anti-malware program. We are suggesting some selected anti-malware software below, please check them out.
Download and run a scan of the following software.
4. Fix corrupted user profile or create new one
If the above methods did not work for you, then the last possibility is your computer’s user profile got corrupted. Please try to repair your use profile by following the below steps. If repair doesn’t work then we finally suggest you to please create a New user profile and transfer all the necessary files into that.
5. Update Windows
If nothing worked in your case, then we suggest you to update your Windows and make it up-to-dated to fix this issue.