How to Fix laptop power adapter plugged in, not charging issue
In this article, we'll learn how to fix laptop battery not charging issue. The power adapter Plugged-in but it doesn't charge the battery. Let's learn how to resolve it.
Today on this page, we are going to talk about the laptop not charging issue. Sometimes when we plug our laptop charger to charge the laptop, but the laptop doesn’t come in charging state or the battery percentage is not growing up. It shows the error message at the right-bottom corner “Plugged in, not charging”. We have a proper solution for this specific issue. Please follow the following step-by-step guide to learn how to fix it.
Error Message: “Plugged in, not charging”
We can understand, it would be a really very frustrating and embarrassing situation when you couldn’t find the solution of the problem like this. To fix this specific issue, you don’t need to apply any huge solution for this. It will be done with a simple trick. We are going to share a tested method to resolve this issue. Your problem will be solved for sure. Let’s start how to do.
How to Fix laptop adapter / charger plugged in, not charging issue.
The following methods are for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, and Servers operating systems.
- Reinstall Battery Driver
- Run the Battery’s Troubleshooter
- Restore the computer’s BIOS to its default settings
- Check the power adapter is not faulty
- First of all, shut down your laptop.
- Take out the laptop battery from the laptop.
- Then connect the laptop charger to laptop charging port.
- Now, turn on your laptop by pressing the power button. The laptop should be booting up because it gets the power from the charger directly, without a battery.
- Go to control panel when your laptop is up.
- Go to Device Manager.
- In the device manager, double-click on the “batteries”. When you double-click on that, you’ll get two options (you might get more than two). You need to uninstall all them under batteries one by one right-clicking on that.
- After that, shut down the laptop.
- Put the battery in the laptop again.
- Now, start your laptop.
Your problem should be fixed. It will not show you any error message regarding your battery. It will start charging your laptop battery again, and your battery percentage will grow up.
If you found this article helpful, please let me know by leaving a comment. If you have any doubt or not solved your issue then leave a comment, we’ll answer your comments there.
Additional methods to fix plugged in, not charging issue.
Try the following techniques if above first method did not work for you. In the 90% cases, method #1 works.
- Click on the start button and click on settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Click on Troubleshooting from the left-side pane.
- Select the power option from the right-side pane. Then click on “Run troubleshooter”. It will be starting for troubleshooting your battery power problem and fix it automatically.
Sometimes this method will work for you. If it doesn’t work, then try the next method.
- Turn off your computer and boot it up into bios. Make sure your laptop is turned off completely.
- After turned off, press the power button of your laptop and the continuously press the F10, Delete key from your keyboard to enter BIOS settings. Your bios open key might be different according to your computer laptop’s manufacturer.
- After getting the bios settings page, press the “F9” key to set default from your keyboard. I will be asking you to save the settings. After that select “Yes” using arrow keys and press enter key to save settings and reboot the computer with default bios settings. After this, your problem should be fixed. If it did not work, then go to the next step. Click here to get more help about it.
Try to use another laptop’s charger. If it works for you then the problem is in your charger, please replace it. If it doesn’t fix the problem after replacing the charger, then replace your battery.
In this article, we have seen all the possible method to fix “Plugged in, not charging” issue. Hopefully, you liked it. Please share your experience with us in the comments section below.