Hi, today I noticed that my computer screen freezes or hangs sometimes, usually when I use Autocad. This issue started occurring after the Windows update last Saturday. My PC is running on Windows 10. I have already tried several troubleshooting steps, but none of them have solved my problem. Will updating the NVIDIA GeForce 820M Graphics card driver help me with that? What do you think?
There might be lots of reasons behind the graphics card driver problem. Usually it might be due to incomplete “Windows update” or “Device driver update”.
Yes, you are correct, reinstalling the NVIDIA GeForce 820M graphics card driver can solve this problem. Regularly updating your NVIDIA 820M driver with their latest version is good a practice. NVIDIA usually provides the driver CD along with the graphic card at the time of purchase, but it will not be a good idea because you can easily download the NVIDIA GeForce 820M driver from its official website of from the download section given below.
In this driver download and installation guide, you will find NVIDIA GeForce 820M driver download links for Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP (32bit / 64bit), Server 2000 to 2022 operating systems. Along with the latest NVIDIA drivers, I have also shared their detailed installation guide so that you can properly install your graphics card drivers.
Download NVIDIA GeForce 820M Driver
Select the operating system where you want to install the NVIDIA graphics card. Click on its download button to get your NVIDIA GeForce 820M graphics card driver setup file.
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Windows XP (32bit/64bit) – Not Available
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Windows Vista (32bit/64bit) – Not Available
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Windows 7 (32bit) – Download (329.12 MB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Windows 7 (64bit) – Download (507.18 MB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Windows 8, 8.1 (32bit) – Download (329.12 MB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Windows 8, 8.1 (64bit) – Download (507.18 MB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Windows 10 (32bit) – Download (347.42 MB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Windows 10 (64bit) – Download (553.12 MB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Windows 11 (64bit) – Download (553.12 MB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M for Server 2003 to 2022 – Download (553.12 MB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M driver for Linux, Ubuntu (32bit) – Download (47.08 MB)
- NVIDIA GeForce 820M driver for Linux, Ubuntu (64bit) – Download (106.1 MB)
You can download the driver directly from the NVIDIA GeForce 820M official website.
How to Install NVIDIA GeForce 820M Driver
In this installation guide, you will find the step-by-step installation process for the NVIDIA GeForce 820M graphics card driver on a Windows computer. The following installation steps can be used for all the versions of the Windows operating system.
- Run the driver file downloaded from this page and click on the ‘OK’ button to extract the driver files in the specified folder.
- Wait for the driver files to extract on your computer.
- Wait for the NVIDIA setup program to start itself.
- Wait as the NVIDIA Installer software checks your computer for the compatibility.
- In the NVIDIA software license agreement screen, click on the ‘AGREE AND CONTINUE” button to accept the NVIDIA software license agreement.
- In the Installation options screen, choose the ‘Express’ option, then click on the ‘NEXT’ button to proceed.
- Wait for the installer program to prepare your computer for the driver installation.
- Wait as the installer program installs the graphics driver on your computer.
- If your Windows warns you that the publisher of the driver software is unverified, then ignore this warning and click on the ‘Install this driver software anyway’ button. Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation process.
You have successfully installed the NVIDIA GeForce 820M graphics card driver package on your computer. NVIDIA GeForce 820M is a graphics card designed by NVIDIA specifically for laptops. This dedicated graphics card is capable of delivering better gaming and productivity while ensuring the maximum battery life of your laptop.