Internet explorer won’t open, are you getting these type of problems?
1. internet explorer won’t open
2. internet explorer closes after a few seconds
3. internet explorer flashes open and closes
4. ie open and closes immediately
5. internet explorer open and close right away
That means some internet explorer setting gone corrupted, now here we go to repair them in advance mode, have to repair them manually, Please follow the steps below
1. Start “command prompt” with Administrator mode
Click on Start and then click on All programs then click on Accessories and now do right click on “command prompt” and then click on that and choose Run as administrator ( In XP you you just have to click on “command prompt”)
2. Copy and paste this below line (which is in orange color) into “command line” and then press enter button from your keyboard.
regsvr32.exe "c:\program files\internet explorer\ieproxy.dll"
regsvr32.exe "c:\program files (x86)\internet explorer\ieproxy.dll"
3. Now you have to reset the Internet explorer for set the defaut settings. Please click on below click that is the Ms fixit to reset the Internet Explorer.
4. Download this IE Fix Utility this file and run it and run it (Right click on that and run as administrator)
5. Download this zip file IE_Reregister_dll.zip Unzip it and you will be getting 2 files here and run all 2 files one by one with admnistrator mode (Right Click on .cmd files and choose run as administrator (In windowsXP you just double on that file)
6. Now restart the computer once
7. then now again reset your internet explorer with below command
8. Restart your computer and get resolved your problem.
if doesn’t work then go to Microsoft Fixit
Source Link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967896