This time we will explore a very useful function for mobile devices. Specifically, we’ll see how to do a screenshot on Android. This function allows you to capture any element present on the screen of the mobile device. Consequently, you can save some data without having to write it. Or save some chat. You can also backup any image that cannot be saved. As you can see, it is a very interesting function. Well, let’s see how to do it.
How to Take a Screenshot in Android
Prepared 6 methods to take a screenshot in Android. Let’s see how to do it?
1. How to take a screenshot using universal method
Please note that Android is a free operating system based on Linux and managed by Google. This means that the operating system with its source code is delivered to the manufacturers. Then, each one gives it its distinctive touch or leaves it in a pure state. Consequently, most functions work equally on almost all devices. Well, the universal method for taking a screenshot is as follows:
- First, go to the screen you want to capture. Please note that any icons displayed there will appear in the screenshot.
- Once the image is selected, please press the Power + Volume down buttons in combination. You will immediately see a short animation (usually the edge of the screen is illuminated). This is proof that the capture was done correctly.
- Some devices do not have the volume buttons. Or they may be damaged. In that case, simply select the screen to be saved. Additionally, press and hold the power button. A menu with various options will then be displayed. Please press the option to take a screenshot.
2. How to take a screenshot by swiping three fingers
You can simply use your three fingers to take a screenshot. Let’s see how to do it.
- Go to the screen which you want to capture.
- Simply swipe your three fingers across the screen from top to bottom. That’s it!! Your screenshot has been taken. Check the screenshot in the image gallery.
3. How to take a screenshot using quick settings in Android
There’s also another way to take a screenshot on Android. To do this you need to use the quick settings. These are a series of switches located at the top of the screen. Correspondingly, these allow you to activate Wi-Fi, deactivate data, use the flashlight, among others. Well, there is also a button that allows you to save a screenshot.
- In the first place, select the screen to be saved.
- Then slide your fingers across the screen from the top to the bottom. Consequently, the controls will be displayed. Please select the one for screenshot button and that’s it!
4. Take a screenshot with button shortcuts
Some manufacturers, such as Xiaomi, include button shortcuts in their devices. These shortcuts allow you to configure gestures to perform some action. In this case, the default gesture is to drag three fingers down to take a screenshot. Please, just place the button shortcuts in Xiaomi’s search bar and configure it to your liking.
5. Take a screenshot using Google Assistant
Another quick method to take a screenshot is through the Google Assistant. With this intention, enter the app, and once there enter the text: take a screenshot.
Immediately the assistant proceeds to take the screenshot. In addition, you will see the option to share the image.
6. Take a screenshot with a third-party application in Android
If by chance the physical buttons of the device are damaged. Or if you like to use apps for any function. Then you can make use of a large number of apps present in Google Play. Of the many options, there are, I recommend Screen Master. Because besides saving the screen in a simple way, it also offers a simple but complete image editor. It also offers special functions to capture web pages. Well, you can download it from here. Once downloaded and installed, please set the options. This app offers the option to show floating buttons in addition to having the remainder in the notification bar.
After setting up the app, just press a blurred button to take the screenshot.
Similarly, the program allows you to take a screenshot by means of the reminder in the status bar.
All right, we’ve seen several methods of taking screenshots on Android. In this, we have explained 6 methods to do it. It covers most of the android use phone brand Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, Oneplus, RealOne, Oppo, Vivo, Motorola, and other android used phones. This way you can use native operating system options, or download third-party apps.