How to Reset Safari Browser to its default setting (Reset Help)
How to reset Safari Browser in MAC: Safari browser is the most popular browser among MAC users. It’s generally stable, and will work excellently in your Apple computer. It’s not only stable, but also faster and energy efficient. This means that it will take just a handful of your computers resources will running its services, and ultimately prolonging your notebook’s battery life. From time to time however, due to a number of reasons, your Safari browser will crash, hang, or redirect you to unwanted sites. To fix these issues, reset your browser to its default setting (as like new one).
Here, in this article we will guide you how to reset your safari browser. Please follow the given below instructions.
How to reset your Safari browser
Resetting your browser means cleaning everything in your browser, including saved passwords, bookmarks, saved pages, browser history, cache, etc. However, Safari gives you the option not to reset the entire browser by allowing you to uncheck some options. The operation will take some few seconds, but will take more time especially if your browser had too much content stored in it.
- Launch your Safari browser as usual
- On the top left part of your browser, click “safari” to pull down its menu.
- Click on “Reset safari” option
- A dialog with a list of options then pops up.
– Clear history
– Reset Top Sites
– Remove all webpage preview images
– Empty cache
– Clear the downloads window
– Remove all cookies
– Remove all website icons
– Remove saved names and passwords
-Remove other Autofill form text
– Close all Safari windows
– Reset Safari Browser all location warnings
- Depending on the reason for resetting your Safari browser, choose the relevant options. The operation cannot be reversed, hence confirm your selection before hitting the reset button. If your browser had a malware or browser hijacker, the best option is to select the entire list to reset everything.
- Click the reset button.
Reasons for resetting your Safari browser
If your browser has been infected with a browser hijacker, a reset operation will be necessary. Popular symptoms that a browser hijacker or adware is preset in your browser include uncalled for website redirects, change of homepage or search engine without your consent, advertising pop ups or banners that appear frequently while browsing and browser pop ups that recommend you to download software. Reset Safari Browser.
If you were using a public computer to browse for important or confidential information, a browser reset is necessary to clear all your history and cache. This is because the browser keeps information such as history, cookies and cache for the websites you accessed.
If your safari browser constantly hangs are becomes unresponsive from time to time. his could be as a result of a buggy plug-in or malware attack.
If you not that your browser fails to update its cache and continues to deliver stale cache.
If you wish to restore your browser to its default settings, only a reset operation will achieve this.