How to Get into BIOS Settings
Here we'll show the step by step guide on how to get into BIOS settings in HP, Dell, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, Sony, Toshiba laptops or desktops. No matter whichever Windows version you have - Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 etc.
There are lots of situations where we require to get into the computer’s BIOS settings menu to change some settings into it. Today here, we’ll show you how to get into BIOS settings in Laptop or desktop computer whichever you have. So please follow the following steps. The steps would be for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10. No matter which Windows version you have. It would work on Asus, Lenovo, Dell, Acer, HP etc Laptops or desktop computers. So please follow the following steps carefully:
How to Get into BIOS Settings [Steps]
Follow the step by step guide to get into BIOS settings in HP, Dell, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, Sony, Toshiba computers in Windows 10, 7, 8, 8.1, whatever Windows version you have.
- Shutdown your computer and keep it off for a few moments.
- Now, turn on your laptop / desktop by pressing its power button. Then immediately apply step 3 before the computer screen start showing anything.
- Just after press the power button of the computer, immediately start tapping (Press and release) the F2 key from your keyboard to get into BIOS settings page – You can hold it down the F2 key. In some computers, the BIOS enter key is Delete key. So check them one by one which one works for you. Check out the screenshot below.
If you want to check what is the default BIOS key of your computer then you can check out the default bios list by brand name below.
- Now the BIOS settings page in front of you. You may change the settings what you wanted to change. To save changes in BIOS, press F10 key and then select the YES option and press Enter key to save changes.
Default BIOS key by Brand name:
- HP = F10 Key
- Dell = F2 Key
- Asus = F2 Key
- Acer = F2 and Delete Key
- Sony = F2 Key
- Toshiba = F2 Key
- Lenovo = F2 Key (older F1)
- IBM = F2 Key (older F1)
- Compaq = F2, F10 Key
- Other Brand = Delete key