Hello! Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020. Consequently, using this operating system involves serious security risks. However, there are users who miss the old system. Whether for reasons of comfort or simply nostalgia, they still want to return. In those cases Windows 10 provides the opportunity to return to Windows 7. Of course, this option was only available during the first 30 days after the upgrade. Besides, the steps are very simple to do. On the other hand, being a process endorsed by Microsoft, it is very safe for users. Stay with us to know how to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7.
How to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 step by step.
- The first thing you have to do is go to Windows Settings. With this in mind, press the Win+I combination.
- Once there, please click on Update & Security.
- Then another menu will be displayed. Please click on Recovery. Then click on the Get Started option located under Return to Windows 7.
- After a brief introduction, Windows will ask the reason for returning to the previous system. Consequently, the wizard displays several options. Please select at least one to continue.
- Now you will see a warning sign. In effect, the system warns you that you will lose any app or program that you have installed before. Also, please remember that a file backup is not necessary but is highly recommended.
- Next, Windows reminds you to know the password you used in Windows 7.
- Another warning signal will warn you that you cannot use the computer while the downgrade process is working.
- Finally, click on Go back to Windows 7.
- The PC reboots itself and starts the restoration process. This process will take time depending on the power of the computer or the amount of files saved. In addition, it is likely that the system will reboot several times. Similarly, at some point you will have to enter your previous Windows password.
On the other hand, the process will most likely reinstall the Old Windows drivers. Consequently, you will have access to the network and devices. As an additional note, sometimes the recovery does not come out at the first attempt. So you will have to repeat the process several times. This usually happens when there is an extra update after installing Windows 10.
What to do if more than a month has passed since the upgrade to Windows 10.
If it has been more than 30 days since you upgraded to Windows 10, then you cannot use the above method. Therefore, you can try the following:
- You can reinstall Windows 7 using a proprietary installation DVD or USB.
- Additionally, you can get an ISO of Windows 7. Then prepare an installation media and proceed to install the system.
- Some manufacturers usually include a recovery partition inside the hard disk. If it is also Windows 7 then you can try to come back to this system.
By following these steps, we have seen how downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7. Greetings!