5 Methods to fix ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY Error in Google Chrome
In Google Chrome, you may get an error message “Your connection is not Private ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY” while visiting some specific web pages.
Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from [www.yahoo.com] (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
Warnings may be common while websites update their security. This should improve soon.
There may be lots of reasons that chrome is showing this error. We have done research on it and found some possible methods to fix this issue. We’re giving you some methods on how to solve “Your connection is not private” error in chrome. Please follow the following methods to fix ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY and share your experience with us in the comment section below.
How to fix ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY error in Google Chrome
Method 1: Check your computer’s Date & Time
- First of all, check your computer’s date & time is correct. Because most of the time the error occurs when the system date & time is not up to date.
Method 2: Disable Chrome Extensions
- Try to disable all the extensions form chrome temporarily (chrome://extensions/) and check if the error fixed or not.
Method 3: Update Chrome
- Maybe your chrome is gone outdated or buggy. We suggest you to please update your chrome browser to Google Chrome’s latest version.
Method 4: Reset Chrome
- If above method nothing worked in your case then we suggest you RESET your chrome browser.
Method 5: Update the site’s certificate
- Sometimes the website owner certificate is not supported due to many reasons. In this case, inform site owner to update the certificate to fix err_cert_symantec_legacy. Click here to know more about it.