Today, I got new homepage (Omiga-plus.com) on my Internet Explorer. I tried to change it from “Internet options” but it is not listed there. I only know that option to change it. Is there any other option to get rid of it? Please guide me the proper way how to remove Omiga plus homepage ?
How to remove isearch.omiga-plus.com from Internet Explorer, Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Omiga plus is an Adware program and also categorized as a browser hijacker & PUP (Potentially Unwanted program) as well. Omiga plus works as a search engine on your computer and set itself as your homepage. It also displays lots of advertisements and other sponsored links along with their search results. Its URL is: http//searches.qone8.com or “http://isearch.omiga-plus.com/?type=hp&ts=1404028662etc”
You can’t change it though “Internet options”, because it has changed lots of registry settings of computer. You should remove it from computer registry and its system files as well.
It is a specific detection used by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other antivirus products to indicate and detect a Potentially Unwanted Program. That contains Adware, installs toolbar and many other malicious programs. Omiga plus infection is used to increase advertising revenue. Anyway, we have mentioned the proper removal steps. Just follow the below listed steps to remove it completely from your computer.
Once it is installed into your computer, it will modify your internet & browser default settings including DNS settings, Registry Firewall, Privacy settings, Background color and your browser homepage and default search engine into other malicious websites. It creates malevolent files, corrupts registry, provoke blue screen error making your system dead and or other dangerous tasks. It can work with all operating systems like windows XP, vista, 7 and windows 8.
You may have found your computer and internet speed very slowly than before. You may have found lots of unwanted plugins are automatically installed with your web browsers.
Technically, Omiga plus is not a virus or malware at all. It may bring lots of other malicious traits, such as rootkit capabilities to hook deep into the operating system, browser hijacking. However it’s categorized as a “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted programs). Because anyone never wants to install Omiga plus directly, usually it installs additionally with another software packages.
Omiga plus comes into your computer via different ways such as installed software from corrupted websites, installed through spam email attachments, media downloads and social networks and when you have clicked some malicious ads or visited some malicious sites, as well as opened unknown downloaded files. So you should always pay attention and read all terms and conditions, when you download any software from internet. You should never download from any 3rd party websites. Be very, careful, what you agree to install.
It will make your PC inaccessible and cannot perform any single task on your computer. So, it is important to remove Omiga plus immediately from your computer. For further information’s about uninstall this unwanted program. You have to quickly follow article removal steps to get rid of Omiga plus from your computer.
It can be created a dangerous problem for your computer, so you should immediately remove Omiga plus to keep your computer safe from this unwanted program. In order to remove this unwanted program, you have to follow article mentioned steps very carefully.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove Omiga plus Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and from their registry traces as well..
Step 1 : To Uninstall Omiga plus from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista).
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You will get a window which have listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall Omiga plus from there.
- Also do uninstall all the programs which are listed in Suspicious Programs list below, if you find any installed into your computer. Because all these programs are unwanted. You should uninstall all them immediately if you found any.
Suspicious Programs list
- Omiga plus Software
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs which are not listed here.
Step1.1 : Remove Omiga-plus.com infection from windows shortcuts.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “http://isearch.omiga-plus.com/?type=hp&ts=1404028662etc” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL: http://isearch.omiga-plus.com/?type=hp&ts=1404028662etc”
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Task-bar / Start-menu.
- Remove omiga-plus.com infection from start-menu’s shortcuts.
- Remove omiga-plus.com infection from task-bar’s shortcuts.
Step 2 : To Remove Omiga plus from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1 : Remove Omiga plus from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.searches.qone8.com or “http://isearch.omiga-plus.com/, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2 : Remove Omiga plus add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- click on Programs tab then click on Manage Addons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed addons.
- Now disable the Omiga plus add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3 : Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab,then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Omiga plus from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Omiga plus from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.searches.qone8.com, please replace it to www.google.com or “http://isearch.omiga-plus.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Omiga plus from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Omiga plus add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3 : Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Helpmenu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option. and follow their instruction to reset.
- Now your Mozilla Firefox has been Restored to default settings.
Step 4 : To Remove Omiga plus from Google Chrome
Step 4.1 : Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on their Set Pages. A another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page. which have listed all the installed extensions, Remove Omiga plus extension & also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser’s window.
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) on your keyboard , you’ll get Run box.
- For windows xp: Copy and Paste this following command: “
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
Default"in Run box then click on OK button. You’ll get a Google chrome profile location in windows explorer.For windows 7,8,vista: Copy and Paste this following command: “
%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default“ in Run box then click on OK button. You’ll get a Google chrome profile location in windows explorer.
- In the default folder location, Rename a file, named as “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“.
(Note: to do that right-click on Preferences file and click on rename option you’ll get a edit box of Preferences file, now rename the text “Preferences” to “Preferences.old”)
- In the same default folder location, Rename one more file, named as “Web Data“ to “Web Data.old“.
(Note: to do that right-click on Web Data file and click on rename option you’ll get a edit box of Web Data file, now rename the text “Web Data” to “Web Data.old”)
- Now start your Google chrome, it should be restored to default settings.
Step 5 : To Remove Omiga plus from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Omiga plus” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Omiga plus string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Omiga plus” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Omiga plus path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 6 : To Remove Omiga plus from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Omiga plus string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 7 : To Remove Omiga plus from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Omiga plus. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 8 : To Remove Omiga plus from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the startup services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Omiga plus. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To remove Omiga plus registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from registry, please follow the steps.
9.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
9.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
9.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Omiga plus files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
9.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Omiga plus files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 10 : To remove Omiga plus with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 11 : To remove Omiga plus with Malwarebytes.
11.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
11.2 : Update online Virus Definition
11.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
11.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
11.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
Q. I wish to remove Omiga plus from my computer.
Q. I can’t remove Omiga plus from my PC.
Q. I won’t uninstall Omiga plus from my computer. What can I do?
Ans. Omiga plus is an adware program and display lots of advertisements, coupons, sponsored links in your browser home page through a pop up box. So, you should immediately uninstall this adware. To remove this unwanted program, you have to follow article steps very carefully.
Q. What is Omiga plus?
Ans. Omiga plus is a “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted Program). It comes into your computer without your permission and change your default settings such DNS files, Registry files, Background color, browser homepage and many more.
Q. Is Omiga plus a virus??
Ans. Technically, Omiga plus is not a virus. However, it is categorized as “PUP” (Potentially Unwanted Program) because it comes into your computer without approval.
Q. How Omiga plus enters into my computer?
Ans. Omiga plus comes into your computer via free software packages and when you click visit on malicious websites. You should not download any software from 3rd party website.
335 thoughts on “How to Remove Omiga plus homepage (Omiga-plus.com)”
only remedy for omigaplus and goodcaster virus,,, savior of my pc!!! best tool against most of the internet adware, a must have!!!
Great tool. It works
Succeeded where adwcleaner had failed
thanks for your help