How do I get rid of Trovi.com from my home page? I don’t even know how Trovi.com found its way on to my browser, I’ve tried to uninstall it but nothing seems to work. Please can you tell me how to remove Trovi.com from my computer?
How to remove Trovi.com from Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer.
Trovi is a search engine that displays lots of advertisements while you are searching through Trovi.com. That’s why it is called a browser hijacker, adware or PUP.
Once you are infected with Trovi.com you may see many other changes on your computer. Default search engines can change, search provider DNS settings, URL redirection, homepage can default to http://www.trovi.com and many other settings can be affected. These settings will no revert to their original status automatically when Trovi is removed, you have to change them back manually to default factory settings. www-search.net is an another url which redirects to www.trovi.com as well.
Trovi.com often infects a system when someone unwittingly downloads free software. For example you may download a free pdf reader from a third party website (not Adobe). The pdf reader software only appears to be free, it is actually paid for by the advertising that ends up on your PC through Trovi.com You should be aware of this type of scam when you download “free” software and consider using trusted websites, software and suppliers.
Once your PC is infected by Trovi.com the processor and browser can be slow. This is because Trovi.com installs as an Add-on to your browser and it plasters advertising into all of the advertising space on the website you are viewing.
When Trovi.com installs it creates a number of registry entries and miscellaneous junk files. Typically you won’t find these files as they are not kept in a single location. While the uninstaller for Trovi.com removes these files it does not remove all the traces of its workings in the registry so this needs to be done manually.
We can offer you either automatic removal using our free software (free of any malware) donation optional.
Otherwise you can remove the Trovi.com infection manually by following the steps below.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.8 to remove Trovi.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Mozilla Firefox and from their registry traces as well..
Step 1 : To Uninstall Trovi.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista).
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You will get a window which have listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall Trovi.com from there.
- Also do uninstall all the programs which are listed in Suspicious Programs list below, if you find any installed into your computer. Because all these programs are unwanted. You should uninstall all them immediately if you found any.
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe gaurd
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Uninstall all the unwanted programs, which are not listed here.
Step 1.1 : Remove Trovi.com infection from windows shortcuts.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Trovi.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Trovi.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Trovi.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 2 : To Remove Trovi.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1 : Remove Trovi.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Trovi.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2 : Remove Trovi.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- click on Programs tab then click on Manage Addons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed addons.
- Now disable the Trovi.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted addons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3 : Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab,then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Trovi.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Trovi.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Trovi.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Trovi.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Trovi.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3 : Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Helpmenu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option. and follow their instruction to reset.
- Now your Mozilla Firefox has been Restored to default settings.
Step 4 : To Remove Trovi.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1 : Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on their Set Pages. A another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page. which have listed all the installed extensions, Remove Trovi extension & also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser’s window.
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) on your keyboard , you’ll get Run box.
- For windows xp: Copy and Paste this following command: “
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
Default"in Run box then click on OK button. You’ll get a Google chrome profile location in windows explorer.For windows 7,8,vista: Copy and Paste this following command: “
%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default“ in Run box then click on OK button. You’ll get a Google chrome profile location in windows explorer.
- In the default folder location, Rename a file, named as “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“.
(Note: to do that right-click on Preferences file and click on rename option you’ll get a edit box of Preferences file, now rename the text “Preferences” to “Preferences.old”)
- In the same default folder location, Rename one more file, named as “Web Data“ to “Web Data.old“.
(Note: to do that right-click on Web Data file and click on rename option you’ll get a edit box of Web Data file, now rename the text “Web Data” to “Web Data.old”)
- Now start your Google chrome, it should be restored to default settings.
Step 5 : To Remove Trovi.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Trovi” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Trovi string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Trovi.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Trovi.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 6 : To Remove Trovi.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Trovi string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 7 : To Remove Trovi.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Trovi.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 8 : To Remove Trovi.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the startup services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Trovi.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To remove Trovi.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from registry, please follow the steps.
9.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
9.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
9.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Trovi.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
9.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Trovi.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 10 : To remove Trovi.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 11 : To remove Trovi.com with Malwarebytes.
11.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
11.2 : Update online Virus Definition
11.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
11.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
11.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
186 thoughts on “How to Remove Trovi.com Hijacker (Removal Help)”
the best program to remove adwares.
Thanks worked great I’m very happy. Thank You
Thanks for cleaning me up!!!
I cannot thank you enough for your fantastic tool for finding adware and any other malware that drops itself onto my machine. I use it at least twice a month (updated, of course) and trust it completely. I had the trovi virus over a year ago and all efforts failed at removing it. Any other programs simply could not get rid of it. Yours did! And quickly. I tell everyone about your program and how wonderful it is. Just ran it again after getting a redirect and it got rid of all of it. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. The leading spyware product out there was not able to get rid of trovi after each restart. YOURS DID!!!!!
You should consider a paid product — even though I think this is against your principles.
thnk a lottttttt
Thanks a lot for helping me <3
When I try to uninstall what I think may be Trovi, I get
“you do not have sufficient access to uninstall DefaultTab. Please contact System Administrator.”
I haven’t seen anyone else post this issue. Help!
You have to uninstall it through REVO uninstaller tool, if you get this error message. It removes this type program which doesn’t uninstall itself.
Fast and easy virus removal tool! Got rid of Trovi in minutes! Soooo worth the donation!
Tried dozens of suggestions from others to no evail.
I found this site on my computer(Win7 Pro). When I tried to get back to it on an infected PC (Win7 Home) received a WEB PAGE NOT FOUND screen. I searched the registry and found a Trovi entry with this sites URL. I deleted it at the root(left side). That fixed the access problem. Also I tried to download AdwCleaner thru the link above and it failed. I found what looks to be the authors site.
“https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/ v4.208” and he’s working on v5.0.
Downloading freeware is a scary thing but it worked. You just have to review all the data under each tab. I found a lot of items. I only allowed it to delete what I was sure of.
Also, I had to go to Control Panel/NetworkandInternet/InternetOptions/UseDefault(button) replace the Search URL with google.com and APPLY. You may have to do someother URL.
I hope the URL above doesn’t get clobbered.
Sorry if i’m redundant didn’t read all the comments.
Thank you so much for your help. This is a very useful because it is so easy to understand and follow the directions, once again, thank you.
I got this website from my friend who informed me
concerning this web site and now this time I am browsing this web page and reading
very informative articles at this time.
Such a great work. Thank you very much. It is helpful.
Man do you ever totally ROCK!!
I cannot say Thank you Enough!!!
Awesome advice and tips!
DID NOT REMOVE TROVI ON WINDOWS 7
Try Adware Removal Tool!! It can remove it.
I have had no luck with removing my problem. It is a particularly pernicious pop up which hijacks Chrome browser. The website it reports is:
Fatal- xxx-dangerous-2324.com windows.pcerror
The advert offers the number 0800 808 5278 – of course I have not called!
This seems to affect both IE and Chrome.
I am running Windows 7.
I downloaded and ran adware per instructions. It did find some malware and removed them. However, I still have the trovi menu bar on the top of my screen. It is always there even when the browsers are closed. None of the helpful hints worked. Is there anything I have missed??
thanks men. this help me a lot.