Please help I could not remove Luckysearches.com Homepage. I want to remove Luckysearches.com search but it is still there no unknown programmes are there in control panel. Could you please guide me how to remove Luckysearches.com homepage from computer?
How to Remove Luckysearches.com from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox.
Explanation & Solution
The Internet is a vital resource for the modern life. Yet, it also spawned an ugly side, specifically malicious programs that are out to harm your system or make money at your expense. One of the most widespread malicious programs is Luckysearches.com, and this post is going to put this browser hijacker in the spotlight.
Luckysearches.com is a different kind of malicious program classified under browser hijackers. The program is not technically intruding your system without your permission (more on that later). Like most browser hijackers, its main goal is to make money for the developers by forcefully exposing you to advertising, collecting information and redirecting your browsing.
One of the first symptoms that you will notice when your system is infected by Luckysearches.com is the sudden change of your browser homepage. Also, when you surf the net, you are suddenly being directed to a different page or website, especially when using the search engines.
Luckysearches.com is designed to work with most Internet browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Also, once it infects your system, it will also install other elements that make it difficult for you to remove it via the Control Panel.
To effectively prevent infection of Luckysearches.com, you must first understand its primary mode of infection. Luckysearches.com primarily spreads itself to a bundled software download. As mentioned before, what you do not know is that you have agreed to install Luckysearches.com by accepting the terms and agreements before you can start your download for certain bundled software. The sneaky part is that the permission is hidden in the fine print.
To prevent infection and future infections, be extra cautious of anything that you download from the Internet. If the source is shady and/or the program is not necessary, then it’s best that you avoid downloading.
Luckysearches.com is a browser hijacker that is developed to make money for the creators at your expense. It collects information, changes your homepage and redirects your surfing. Effective and easy removal can be done through good anti-malware software. To prevent future infections, avoid downloading anything from the web, especially from questionable sources.
Despite the fact that Luckysearches.com is very widespread, it is surprisingly easy to remove if you know how to do it. What you can do is to download good anti-malware software, even the free ones will suffice. Install the anti-malware and allow it to scan your system. The software should be able to detect Luckysearches.com and will delete it from your system. If automatic removal doesn’t help you to remove it then you should use manual instructions to remove it. Follow the following instruction to remove it Luckysearches.com.
Download Adware Remover Tool v3.9 to remove Luckysearches.com Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of Luckysearches.com from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall Luckysearches.com from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “Luckysearches.com” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling Luckysearches.com” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
- Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove Luckysearches.com from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove Luckysearches.com from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.Luckysearches.com, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove Luckysearches.com add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the Luckysearches.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove Luckysearches.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove Luckysearches.com from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.Luckysearches.com, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove Luckysearches.com from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove Luckysearches.com add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove Luckysearches.com from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove Luckysearches.com extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove Luckysearches.com infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.Luckysearches.com/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove Luckysearches.com infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove Luckysearches.com infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove Luckysearches.com from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “Luckysearches.com” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the Luckysearches.com string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “Luckysearches.com” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the Luckysearches.com path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove Luckysearches.com from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains Luckysearches.com string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove Luckysearches.com from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains Luckysearches.com. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove Luckysearches.com from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains Luckysearches.com. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove Luckysearches.com registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the Luckysearches.com files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the Luckysearches.com files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove Luckysearches.com with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove Luckysearches.com with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
9 thoughts on “How to Remove Luckysearches.com Homepage (Removal Help)”
I downloaded your software to repair my Internet Explorer infected with adware, “Luckysearch” based on a recommendation by a search for removing the Adware, “LuckySearch”. It found three adwares on my Google Chrome but did not find the Luckysearch adware on Internet Explorer. It is still there infecting my Internet Explorer and I cannot use Internet Explorer for anything!
So… it did NOT work for its intended purpose. Back to square one I guess.
We just have updated our database, so we request you to please re-run our tool once more and then let us know the result.
Thank you. so very much,, cleaned malware from my computer ,that other Tools would not,, 🙂
Thanks a ton for help. Lucky search is gone now.
May you please suggest which is the best anyspyware and antimallware ?
You’re most welcome!! “Super anti spyware” & “Hitmanpro” are the best tools.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, at last someone who knew how to get rid of
the dreadful “Luckysearches” Ran the things you suggested and wow its gone.
Again Thanks heaps.
Luckysearches still there, I am afraid