Remove Anywhere.me Homepage, Toolbar (Removal Help)
I want to remove Anywhere.me search page from my internet explorer, Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox. it’s annoy me, it’s keeps popping up on my homepage. Please help me to uninstall Anywhere.me from my computer completely.
Anywhere.me is an adware program, once it is installed into your computer, it will take over your all browser setting and your homepage and default search scope will be changed, if you want to change them back to default setting, it won’t allow to do that because they already take over your all browser setting permissions, in order to take your permission back, you have to follow article steps which is mention below.
1. Uninstall anywhere.me from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel and go to Add/Remove Programs(XP) or Program and Features. Now find out and uninstall the following programs. (if any installed)
- anywhere.me.leads toolbar
- WebCake 3.0
- DownloadTerms 1.0
2. To Remove anywhere.me from Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you got www.anywhere.me, replace it to www.google.me, then click on apply and close.
- Now Restart Internet explorer
Remove anywhere.me from registry
- Click on Start and type Run and then type “REGEDIT” in the run box and then hit enter
- In the registry editor go to Edit menu and then click on find option, you will get edit box to search any string to registry editor
- Type in the find edit box “anywhere.me” and click on Find Next
- The search result will highlighted that key which have the same string
- Edit that key and change the “anywhere.me” string to “google.me“
- Use F3 key to find Next, Replace all them to “google.me”
- Then Restart the internet explorer
Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet explorer and then go the Tools menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar), you can also click on gear icon in IE9/IE10 then go to Internet option.
- Once you clicked on Internet option you will get an internet option window.
- Now you have to click on Advanced tab. then click on Restore Advance Setting button once and then click on RESET button
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation to get it done reset process, Tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button
- Now you will appear a popup to complete all the tasks, after completion you have to click on close button.
3. To Remove anywhere.me from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (press “alt” key once to active menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under Startup you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.anywhere.me, please replace it to www.google.me, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Remove anywhere.me from Firefox configuration file.
- In the Firefox type this command in the address bar “about:config” and then hit enter to open this page
- After that you will get a page which is asking for permission to open config page that confirm that please use it carefully so please click on button named as “I’ll be carefully, I promise“.
- Now you will a configuration page with search option on the top, so please type “anywhere.me” into search bar, you will get the result.
- Replace all the string from “anywhere” to “google”
In the search result do double click on the all entries (related to anywhere.me) one by one, and change them to “google.me”
- You can Right click on found results one by one and choose RESET option.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open “Troubleshooting information” page into Firefox.
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “alt” key once to active Menu bar)
- Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information”, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option, It will take time to reset
4. To Remove anywhere.me from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on Settings icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), Under this menu find out and click on Settings after clicking on that you will appear a configuration page.
- In the same configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on Set Pages, here you will appear the bunch of URL (Set pages), you have to delete all them and enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page find out the option named as ‘Manage search engines’ click on that, then you will get a page as Default search engine settings, here you will get some bunch of search engines, first of all change your default search engine
- Find out the google search engine and move your mouse pointer to their right side, here you will get 2 options.
- 1. Make Default
- 2. Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- Make default your google search engine, and delete all other than, one by one
Change homepage from Google chrome preferences file
- Change home page from “preferences” file , open this file in plain text format (notepad) and change these following entries to default stage.
- You can find “preferences” file from below locations.
- Windows XP
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows 7, 8, Vista
- Default value is:
Reset Google Chrome
- Close all Google Chrome browser
- Now open this following path
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) , then you will get Run box.
- Copy and Paste this following command in this Run box then hit Enter or OK
- Windows XP
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\
- Windows 7, 8, Vista
- In the default folder please find a file named as “Preferences“ and now just need to rename this file from “Preferences“ to “Preferences.old“
- Now Start your Google chrome.
5. To remove anywhere.me registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
Here is the proper step-by-step guide to remove any adware from your computer, please follow the steps.
1. Download AdwCleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
2. Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe)
3. Then you will see a Adwcleaner program and you will 3 button in the bottom, Search, Delete, Uninstall
4. First please click on search (as shown in below screenshot)
4. Once you click on search it will take some time, after that a notepad file will automatically open which is shows that the software found how many adwares. (as shown in below screenshot)
5. Now leave this notepad as it is and click on Delete button on the Adwcleaner program. (as shown in below screenshot)
6. Now after deletion process done, your computer will restart automatically. (as shown in below screenshot)
7. After computer restarted a notepad automatically will appear which is shows you the report of adware deleted or failed. (as shown in below screenshot)
8. Please close that notepad and run the adwcleaner once more and then now click on uninstall to uninstall Adwcleaner from your computer.
6. To remove anywhere.me with Malwarebytes.
1. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
2. Update online Virus Defination
3. Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
4. When the scan done click on “Show results”
5. After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
Anywhere.me is a another homepage redirect browser hijacker, it can damage your web browser. This type of browser hijacker can change your browser homepage to search.conduit.com or many other unknown or unfamiliar websites. The anywhere.me is usually install into your computer after installing free software package. It can perform many unwanted tasks on your web browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome etc.
This type of virus created by cyber criminals to steal computer data. When it is installed on your computer, after that you will be noticed your homepage has been changed and your internet and computer speed become very slow than usual. This type of homepage redirect virus makes unwanted changes such as changing the homepage and default search engine to itself (anywhere.me) or many other malicious websites even without your permission. If you search from anything on anywhere.me then you will be found all search results are unwanted or not related with search query.
Many unwanted or unknown advertisements and pop-ups are always display on your computer screen. Anywhere.me or this type or another browser hijacker can steal your sensitive information including such as your bank account information and password etc. So you should remove Anywhere.me from your computer immateriality, In order to remove this browser hijacker from your computer you have to follow mentioned steps.
Activities of Anywhere.me
This type of browser hijacker can modify your all browsers setting without your knowledge.
It can change your browser homepage to itself (anywhere.me) or many other nasty websites.
Your browser and internet speed is much slower than before.
Many plugins or addons are automatically connected with your web browser.
Many links are automatically saved into bookmarks without your permission.
- How to delete anywhere.me homepage
- How to get rid of anywhere.me virus
- Remove anywhere.me popups ads plugin
- Can’t change anywhere.me homepage
- Uninstall anywhere.me search page
- how to uninstall anywhere.me from control panel
- Keeps showing anywhere.me
- Keeps popping up anywhere.me
- popup anywhere.me all of sudden
- Deinstall anywhere.me from my computer
- How to clean anywhere.me completely
- How to clear anywhere.me from my computer
- Can’t remove anywhere.me redirect
- Can’t delete anywhere.me hijacker
- Couldn’t remove anywhere.me toolbar virus
- Won’t remove anywhere.me
- Remove start page anywhere.me add-ons manually
- How do I stop anywhere.me
- What is anywhere.me search engine
- anywhere.me website always popping up