Ever since Microsoft launched its Surface Pro “better than a laptop better than a tablet” series, technology lovers have been keeping an eye on the new and ever-improving versions of this device. Recently Microsoft announces launch of New Microsoft Surface Book – First laptop by Microsoft and new Surface Pro 4 the imrpoved version of its Surface Pro 3. Here is a complete review of the new Microsoft Surface Pro 4. These gadgets are in Pre-Order and have limited stocks available.
What is the Microsoft Surface Pro 4?
The Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is a hybrid between a tablet and a laptop. It’s the newer and updated version of the Microsoft Surface Pro 3. It features the functionality of a laptop combined with the low weight of a tablet making it extremely useful for those people whose jobs or studies require them to take their devices with them on a regular basis. Along with superior graphics, the Microsoft Surface also offers an astounding typing experience with its New Type Cover.
Microsoft Surface Pro 4 specifications
- 2,736 x 1,824 resolution display.
- 40% larger track-pad than previous versions.
- Three main versions available: Core M3 version priced at $899, the Core i5 version starting at $999, and the potent Core i7 model starting at $1,599
- Type cover available for an additional $130
- 8 mega-pixel camera
- Compatible with Windows Hello (technology that allows bio-metric authentication)
- 12.3 inch screen- Thick frame (8.45 mm)- Weighs around 800 grams
- It’s functional and it can be transported easily
- New Type Cover gives the user an unprecedented typing experience
- Surface Pen comes with top-notch technology being almost four times more sensible than the one belonging to the previous version
- Type Cover doesn’t come with it and it costs over $100.
- Less battery life. It lasts only up to 7 hours. When we compare this number with the better life of other devices such as the MacBook Air (13 hours), and the HP Spectre x360 (11.5 hours).
we can conclude that the Microsoft Surface series still has much room for improvement in this area.- It lacks multiple USB ports, having only a USB 3.0 and a mini DisplayPort socket.
The two major new features of this laptop are the new Surface Pen and the New Type Cover (available for an additional $130). While aesthetically, the Microsoft Surface Pro 4 looks very similar to the Surface Pro 3 version, these two new features have been praised among critics and buyers alike. The new surface pen has 1,024 levels of sensitivity which is almost four times as much as the pen from the previous version. On top of that, it comes with an eraser that doesn’t only attach to the device’s surface via magnetic fields but also performs very well. Some users have stated that the surface pen comes as close in terms of functionality as a regular pencil.
While the new type cover comes at an additional cost – and a high one for that matter, it still provides the user with a faster and smoother typing experience. The keys aren’t flat anymore rather they protrude a bit from the actual cover providing greater feedback than in the Surface Pro 3 device. The new trackpad is also more accurate and it’s 40% larger than the one found in the previous version.