My google’s homepage & search engine hijacked by Go-search.me. I removed it many times but it keeps coming back. How do I get rid of Go-search.me completely from my PC? Need a proper way how to eliminate this from my laptop.
How to remove Go-search.me from IE (Internet Explorer), Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, edge browsers.
Go-search.me is a dangerous adware. It usually comes as an extension (addon) of other installed programs without permission. It is actually a promoting extension that can make serious changes to your computer’s settings and send your personal data to third parties. That’s why you need to remove go-search.me immediately from your computer if you find it installed. We have given Go-search.me removal instruction in this page below. Please follow the step by step guide how to get away go-search.me redirect from your computer for forever.
The first thing you need to do is to remove Go-search.me from your control panel. This can be performed either manually or with the use of specific programs. The steps are quite simple and depend on the type of Windows you have on your computer. All the steps are given below.
How to Remove Go-search.me completely
There are two possible ways how to remove Go-search.me from your computer. First method is manual removal and second one is auto removal using removal tool. Both methods are given below and you can use them in free of cost. Both are equally effective but manual takes time and your attention and auto removal using removal tool will get rid Go-search.me in one click. Please choose the one you want and apply it on your computer.
Download Adware Remover Tool to remove go-search.me Automatically, It’s a Freeware utility specially designed for Adware Removal. This tool can remove most of the Adwares from Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. It can remove all the traces of go-search.me from registry as well.
Step 1: To Uninstall go-search.me from computer
- Click on Start button and then click on Control Panel.
- Now click on Programs –> Uninstall a program or Program and Features (Windows-7, 8, Vista). You also may click on “Uninstall a program”
- For Windows XP users click on Add/Remove Programs.
- You’ll get a window which has listed all the installed programs.
- Uninstall “go-search.me” from there.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling go-search.me” then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can it remove forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Also do uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are listed in “Suspicious Programs list”(See below for the list). You should uninstall them immediately if you found any into your computer.
(Note: If you face any type of problem while uninstalling anything from control panel then you can use Revo uninstaller tool, it can remove any software forcefully. Click here to download Revo Uninstaller Tool).
- Uninstall all unwanted programs
Suspicious Programs list
- Browser defender
- HD-Plus 1.8
- Browser protect
- Browser protected by conduit
- Delta search, Babylon
- WebCake 3.0
- privacy safe guard
- unfriend checker
- Price peep today
- Coupon amazine
- DownloadTerms 1.0
Also uninstall all the unwanted & unknown programs which are not listed here.
Step 2 : To Remove go-search.me from Internet Explorer.
Step 2.1: Remove go-search.me from homepage
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab. Now look into under HOME PAGE Edit Box you will get www.go-search.me, replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
Step 2.2: Remove go-search.me add-ons from Internet Explorer.
- Open Internet Explorer then go to Tools menu (press “F10” key once to active menu bar) and then click on Internet Option a configuration page will be opened
- Click on Programs tab then click on Manage Add-ons, now you’ll get a window which have listed all the installed add-ons.
- Now disable the go-search.me add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from this list. (As per below screenshot).
Step 2.3: Reset Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer. Click on Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active the menu bar), click on Internet Option. A internet option window will open.
- For IE9, IE10 users may click on Gear icon . Then click on tools.
- Click on Advanced tab then click on RESET button.
- Now you will get a new popup for confirmation, tick mark on Delete personal setting then click on RESET button on that. (As shown on below screenshot)
- Now your Internet Explorer has been Restored to default settings.
- Now you will appear a popup stated “complete all the tasks”. After completion click on close button.
Step 3 : To Remove go-search.me from Mozilla Firefox
Step 3.1 : Remove go-search.me from Mozilla Hompeage
- Open Mozilla Firefox, Click on Tools menu (If tools menu doesn’t appear then press “F10” key once to active the menu bar) then go to Options, after that a configuration page will be opened, then click on General tab and then look on the very first section named as Startup. Under start-up you will see a HOME PAGE Edit Box, under this edit box you will see www.go-search.me, please replace it to www.google.com, then click on apply and close.
- Restart Firefox Browser
Step 3.2 : Remove go-search.me from add-ons
- Open Firefox and then go the Tools menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar) click on Add-ons, you’ll get a page click on extensions from the left side pane. now look on right side pane you’ll get all the installed add-ons listed on there. Disable or Remove go-search.me add-on, also disable all the unknown / unwanted add-ons from there. (As per below screen shot)
Step 3.3: Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and then go the Help menu (Press “F10” key once to active Menu bar)
- Go to Help menu then click on “Troubleshooting information”
Note: you can also open this page in this ways, open Firefox then type this command in the address bar “about:support” (without quote) and then hit enter or OK.
- You will get a page “Troubleshooting information” page, here you will get “Reset Firefox” option in the right side of the page.
- Click on Reset Firefox option and then follow their instructions to reset firefox.
- Mozilla Firefox should be Restored.
Step 4 : To Remove go-search.me from Google Chrome
Step 4.1: Remove unwanted homepage & search engine from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), click on Settings. You will get a configuration page.
- Under configuration page find a option named as “Open a specific page or set of pages” click on its Set Pages. Another window will come up. Here you will appear the bunch of URL’s under “Set pages”. Delete all them and then enter only one which you want to use as your home page.
- In the same configuration page click on Manage search engines button. Delete all the search engines from there, just keep only www.goole.com as your default search Engine.
Step 4.2 : Remove unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome, click on options icon (Located in very top right side of the browser), then click on Tools then, click on Extensions. (As shown on below screenshot)
- You will get a configuration page which have listed all the installed extensions, remove go-search.me extension. Also remove all the unknown / unwanted extensions from there. To remove them, click on remove (recycle bin) icon (as shown on screenshot)
Step 4.3 : Reset Google Chrome – Restore to default setting.
- Open Google Chrome, click on menu icon and then click on settings (Note: menu icon is located right side top corner it is look like this: ). (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings…”option, after click on that you’ll appear some more options in bottom of the page. Now scroll down more and click on “Reset Browser setting” option. (See the below screenshot for better understand)
- Now, Close all Google Chrome browser’s window and reopen it again.
Step 5 : Remove go-search.me infection from Windows shortcuts.
Follow the following steps for all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari as well.
- Right click on the shortcut of Internet Explorer and then do left click on the properties option. You’ll get a shortcut’s properties.
- Click on shortcut tab and then delete the “www.go-search.me/?utm” string from target field.
- Need to delete this URL:
Repeat the above steps on all browser’s shortcuts like: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari in all location Desktop / Taskbar / Startmenu.
- Remove go-search.me infection from startmenu’s shortcuts.
- Remove go-search.me infection from taskbar’s shortcuts.
Step 6 : To Remove go-search.me from Registry
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “REGEDIT” into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a registry editor window.
- In the registry editor, click on Edit menu and then click on find option, you’ll get edit box to search any string into registry editor
- Type “go-search.me” into the find box and then click on Find Next.
- The search result will highlight the key or value which have contains the go-search.me string.
- Now delete the Registry Key/Value/Value-Data if any one contains “go-search.me” string (must see the example screenshot below)
Note:- Do not delete the complete value data, just delete the go-search.me path only (for example see screenshot3 below)
- Use F3 key to find Next. and do the last step to all results.
- We are giving you the example on “Conduit” Adware.
Step 7 : To Remove go-search.me from Autorun Tasks
- Click on Start button and then do Right-Click on the computer and then do left-click on Manage. A manage window will appear.
- In the manage window click on Tasks Scheduler from right side pane, then click on “Task Scheduler Library“, Now look on left side pane and Remove all the Tasks which have contains go-search.me string and also remove all the unknown / unwanted tasks from there (As per the screenshot below).
Step 8 : To Remove go-search.me from Startup
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG into the run box then click on OK. You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Startup tab, here you’ll get all the startup entries, so look on the list and then do Un-check the entries which is contains go-search.me. Also Un-check all the others entries which you found unwanted. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 9 : To Remove go-search.me from Services
- Press “window key + R” (Flag sign key + R) you will get Run box then type “MSCONFIG” into the run box then click on OK. . You’ll get a msconfig window.
- In the msconfig window click on Services tab, here you’ll get all the start-up services list, click on “Hide Windows Services” all the windows related services will be hidden. now it’s only display the 3rd party installed services, now look on the list and then do Un-check the service which have contains go-search.me. Also Un-check all the unknown / unwanted services. then click on OK to apply all the changes.
Step 10 : To remove go-search.me registry entries with Adwcleaner.exe
10.1 : Download adwcleaner from the below link.
Click Here to Download: Adwcleaner.exe
10.2 : Run that downloaded file (Adwcleaner.exe).
10.3 : When you get it started, click on scan button to search the go-search.me files and registry entries (As shown below screenshot).
10.5 : When scanning process will be finished, click on Clean button to delete all the go-search.me files and registry entries (as shown on below screenshot)
Step 11 : To remove go-search.me with Hitman-Pro
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x32bit.exe
Click here to Download Hitmanpro_x64bit.exe
Step 12 : To remove go-search.me with Malwarebytes.
12.1 : Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free, then double click on it to install it.
Click Here to Download Malwarebytes.exe
12.2 : Update online Virus Definition
12.3 : Tick mark on “Perform quick scan” then click on Scan
12.4 : When the scan done click on “Show results”
12.5 : After clicking on Show result it will you a another window where you will get the found threats. Click on “Remove Selected”
If you have Windows XP then you should press the Start button, find the Control Panel, click the option Add or Remove Programs, find the desired one and press the uninstall button. If your computer has installed the Windows Vista, then you should follow the same steps as mentioned above with the exception that you will find the Go-search.me program in the Uninstall a Program section.
Finally, if you have the latest version of Windows, that’s it the Windows 10, the process is slightly different. First of all, you need to click the Start button, then find the Settings, click on the App and Features on your left hand and then search for the Go-search.me program and uninstall it.
You could also, use some programs that can do the job for you. One of the most commonly used worldwide is the Malwarebytes Antimalware that when installed, it will automatically search your computer for the program you want to remove and uninstall it for you.
The next step you need to perform is remove the program from your browser. If you use Google Chrome, you will need to open a new tab, prees the Tools button on the top right side of it, click Extensions, find the Go-search.me and click the trash icon to remove it. If your main browser is the Mozilla Firefox then you need to open a new tab there, press Shift,Ctrl and A together, find the Go-search. me extension and pull it into the trash icon. The same procedure should be followed if you have the Internet Explorer as your computer’s browser.
After you complete the above step, you should reset your brwser settings. If you have Google Chrome you should open a new tab, click the settings section on the top left screen, then click the Show advanced settings button, click the Reset settings button and press ok. The same steps can be performed if you have installed the Internet Explorer. If however, you have the Mozilla Firefox the process is more simple. You just need to open a new tab, go to help, press the troubleshooting info button and click the Reset Firefox button.
The final step is to remove any other files or folders that were downloaded along with this program. When you have completed all of the above steps, you can rest assured that your computer has been totally cleaned of this hijacker. When you open your browser page again, the Go-search.me will no more appear as your startup web-page.