With the explosion in online shopping during this pandemic era, one app that you will find in almost all online shoppers smartphone is the Amazon app. As the popularity of this app is growing so is the issues that its new users face while operating this app. One such common problem reported by Amazon app users is their inability to find the logout option in this app. Therefore, in this tutorial we will describe how to logout from the Amazon App on your smartphone.
Why Logout from the Amazon App?
There are can be several reasons why a user would want to logout of their Amazon app.
- Avoid Notifications: When you are logged-in to the Amazon app you get several notifications about promotions and offers. Most of such notifications are completely useless which users would want to avoid and the best way to avoid them is by logging-out of the Amazon app.
- Protect Personal Details: Your Amazon app has many personal details of a user which they would like to protect in an event their phone is used by someone else. Therefore, after completing the shopping it’s better to logout of the Amazon app to protect your privacy.
- Avoid Account Misuse: Anybody who has access to your smartphone can use your Amazon app if you are always logged-in. This can be risky and thus you should logout of this app when you are not using it.
How to Logout from the Amazon App in Android Phone?
The steps to logout from the Amazon app in Android phones are given below. Follow them in their correct order:
- Tap on the Amazon App icon to open it.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ option to view the App menu.
- In the Menu, tap on ‘Settings’ option to proceed.
- In the Settings, tap on the ‘Sign out’ option in front of your name.
- You will be asked to confirm the sign out. Tap on the ‘Sign Out’ button to confirm.
- Wait for the logout process to complete.
- Finally, you will see the message to ‘sign in’ to your account.
That’s it, you have successfully logged out from your Amazon app in your Android device.
How to Logout from the Amazon App in iPhone?
Instructions given below describe how you can logout of the Amazon app in an iPhone. Follow the instructions as they have been described:
- Tap to open the Amazon app icon on your iPhone.
- Tap on the ‘Menu’ button to open Amazon app menu.
- In the Menu options, tap on the ‘Settings’ to continue.
- Under Settings, tap on the ‘Sign out’ option.
- Finalize your choice by tapping on the ‘Sign Out’ button.
That’s it, you have successfully logged out from your Amazon app in your iPhone.
Amazon app is probably the most famous online shopping app on this planet. Therefore, most online shoppers have it in their smartphone. For your online privacy and safety you must logout of this app when you are not using it. We hope that this tutorial was easy enough for you to understand and will help you in using the Amazon app in much safer way.