How to Fix Temporary Profile in Windows 7
For windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista
I recently noticed that some of my desktop icons & files are disappeared, even I tried to create a new folder and restart the computer, it is also not there after restart, there might be it was deleted automatically. I search about this issue in internet and got the causes that ” my user profile has got corrupted. Please help me to solve it.
Yes, your research goes to in a right way, this is the problem started because your user profiles has been corrupted, you have to repair it. Below we provides you a step-by-step guide to solve that issue, please follow the article instructions to solve this issue completely.
1. Rename the temporary profile from registry
- Start your computer and login with temp profile
- Click on START and then type RUN in search box and then click on RUN from found results, then you will get a RUN BOX.
- Type a command in run box “regedit” and hit enter or click on OK, then you will appear a registry edition
Please locate the following path in registry editor and rename two keys (as per shown below screenshot)
- HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
- You will get the similar keys under “profile list”, however one key may shows as end with “.bak”
- “.bak” is a your original profile Example: “SID-1213428093-345618312-2235-148770.bak”
- “Without .Bak” is a your current temp profile (which currently logged on with this profile) Example:“SID-1213428093-345618312-2235-148770″
- You have to Rename both entries
- Rename the key “Without .Bak“, rename it and put “.temp” in the end
- Rename the key with “.Bak“, rename it and remove “.bak” from the end
- That’s it, Now click on start and click on log off
- After log off, restart the computer once.
- After restart it will automatically get your old (original) profile
If the problem still persist then you have to run the check disk go to method 2.
- Open my computer
- Right click on C drive (where is installed the windows), and then click on properties
- Then a properties page will be appeared and please click on the tool tab
- Then you will get a button “check now”, Please click on that then a another popup will be appeared
- In this popup please tick all two boxes and click on start
- it will take time to finish and it might be create a scheduled to run this check disk in a next startup, then so please restart your computer (as per shown below screenshot)
That’s it, Now restart your computer..Issue must be solved, you can able to login your profile.
My desktop keeps going into ‘temporary profile‘ mode How do i fix it ?
Windows 7 starting with a temporary profile is it able to fix it ?
Can be Solved Logged into temporary profile ?
How to Fix Corrupt Windows 7 Profile ?
How can i Fix Temporary Profile in Windows 7?
you have been logged on with a temporary profile windows how to fix it?
Windows 7 Temporary Profile Error need to be fixed ?
104 thoughts on “How to Fix Temporary Profile in Windows 7”
I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your
sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your
website to come back down the road. Many thanks
After feeling like I’d tried everything, I came to this page and Option 1 worked. Thank you so much! It’s a been a headache all day, I wish I’d come here sooner
neither solution corrected my computer starting up logged into a temporary profile I tried both methods and I followed your instructions very close. I am on Win7 Home premium edition.
If nothing works then the only solution is to create a new profile and transfer the data from C:\Users\”Old Profile’ like Desktop, Documents, Music, Pictures, Favourites, Downloads, Pst Files etc. That’s the only solution In case the above methods fail.
Thank you for sharing the alternate solution.
I did only method 2 as it seemed much easier and it worked perfect. Everything is back to normal. Thank you very much.
The first method works! Thank you
You’re most welcome!!
i used method 1
thank you so much
You’re most welcome. Thank you for your compliment.
What to do if the profile that is loading as a temporary profile does not create a registry entry. Example I go in to the Profile List and I can see all of the other users that have logged in except for the user that is generating a temporary profile. Any suggestions?
Im getting _classes instead of .bak but i have 2 _classes and 2 without anything on the end plz help
Yes, you can treat “_classes” as “.bak”. Rest of the process is the same.
Wow! The instruction was magical. I followed it religiously and it has fixed the error. Thanks so much
You’re most welcome!!
Why not just delete the entry??
Which entry are you talking about, please explain it in detail so that we can give you exact answer.
Thanks for helping my problem is solved
hi i have the same issue but i cannot find any SID with .bak or .temp registered in registry. it seems that the domain account i’m trying to log in is not registering in registry after logging off and logging in the administrator profile. can you help me please??
millions $ worthy and my issue solved
Super thnks and malo aupito
very useful and issue solved thanks so much
super issue resolved.thanks
OMG !!! Thank you so muuuch maan <3333
delete that comment pls