Today we will see how to disable the touchpad in Windows 10. It is well known that this is a touchpad that acts as a mouse. In this way it is possible to use the device without connecting this peripheral. However, there are times when it is necessary to disable this functionality. For example, if a mouse is installed. In this case, there may be hardware interference. That is why today we will see how to do it in a very simple way.
How to Disable the Touchpad from Windows Settings.
It is certainly possible to disable the touchpad from the Hardware options. However, Windows offers this possibility in a simpler way.
- Go to Windows Settings – press the Win+I combination. Once you’re there, click on Devices.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom until you click on Touchpad from the left side pane.
- You will immediately see a switch under the word Touchpad. In fact, you just need to deactivate the switch. As a result, this device will be disabled. Please note that this option will only appear if you have a device with Touchpad. If you are using a desktop computer with a peripheral mouse, then the option will not be available.
- However, Windows presents another option. If you check the box below, then the system will leave the touchpad active. However, if you connect a mouse, then it will stop working. So there is no interference. On the other hand, if you unplug the mouse, then the touchpad will start working again.
- That’s it. Your laptop’s pointer touchpad should be disabled.
This way we have seen how to disable the touchpad on a laptop in Windows 10. Please stay tuned to our updates for more tutorials on Windows 10.