- How to make start up from USB device in dell optiplex 3060, my computer cant be format.Anonymous
How to make start up from USB device in dell optiplex 3060.
- Techexpert | #20994
- Put your USB drive into your computer.
- Start your computer and immediately start tapping F12 key from your keyboard to open the boot menu. Then select your USB drive from there. Dell laptops usually have the F12 key to open the boot menu.
- If the F12 key doesn’t work you, then you will choose your first boot drive from the BIOS settings. So please start your computer again and immediately start tapping the F2 key or Delete key from your keyboard to open the BIOS settings.
- In the BIOS settings, go to the boot tab and choose your first boot device as your USB. And then save the changes by pressing the F10 key to save and exit from there, and it will reboot the computer once. This time, your computer boot with your USB.
Click here to know more how to start the computer from bootable USB.Larry | #37758
My dell optiplex 360 is running windows 7. I’m trying to update to windows 10. I have a bootable ISO USB. The Bios is set to boot from USB and I’ve used F12 to select boot from USB.
All that happens is I get a message to press any key to boot from USB Drive. I press keys and the screen just goes blank except for a small blinking light in the upper left corner. Nothing happens after that.
I have tested the Bootable USB on another PC and it boots to the USB.
Tried restarting many times with no success.
Anyone have any suggestions?
ThanksTechexpert | #37772
Why are you trying to upgrade your operating system through bootable USB? Why don’t you try it from the setup file which is specially made for Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade. In this process you will no need to boot your computer from USB. Please check out this link for more details: https://www.techsupportall.com/upgrade-windows-7-to-windows-10-for-free/