Pictures open in Notepad
It seems like your image file association (.jpeg, .jpg, .png, .img, .gif etc.) default program has changed to notepad in your computer. To fix this issue, you’ll have to restore the settings to its default factory settings. There is a two methodss to do it, Let’s learn how to do.
1. Change the Default programs from the control panel.
- Click on the search bar which is nearby the start button. Type “Default program” in the search bar.
- Click on “Associate a file type and protocol with a program“.
- Then choose the .JPG file association there and click on “Change program” button and then choose the “Windows Photo Viewer“
- Click on OK button. Repeat the above steps for .JPE, .JPEG, .PNG, .GIF etc. file extensions.
2. Restore file association default registry.
- Go to the file association download page to download the default file association registry files. Download .JPG, .JPEG, .TIFF, .GIF default registry zip files.
- After downloading, unzip the file and double-click on the “*.reg” and then click on YES to allow it to merge into your computer.
Please reply back if you have any question regarding the above steps or if your issue doesn’t fix after followed the steps.