- Windows 7 constantly rebooting every 3 to 5 minutes or lessfred
Windows 7 constantly rebooting every 3 to 5 minutes or less
- Techexpert | #32345
In order to fix this rebooting issue, you will have to diagnose it step-by-step. My name is Ashok, and I’ll be assisting you with that. You just need to keep me updated with the results.
I am sharing some diagnostic steps with you below. Please apply them one by one and do let me know if there is any problem in applying the steps
Let’s get started……
Reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the same problem is occurring in safe mode as well.
Scenario 1: If everything works well in safemode, it means there is a problem with applications, so apply the following steps to resolve the issue.
Scenario 2: If the safe mode does not work properly and you are experiencing the same issue, it indicates that there is a problem with Windows itself. In this case, please don’t apply the following steps. Do let me know if you are on this.
1) Start your computer in safe mode.
2) Make sure you don’t have two antiviruses running simultaneously on this PC. If so, remove the one you don’t like.
3) Uninstall all the unwanted / unknown applications from your computer’s control panel.
4) Remove/disable all unwanted/unknown browser add-ons/extensions.
5) Remove / disable all the unwanted / unknown applications from your computer’s startup – from MSCONFIG and other sources.
6) Unwanted or unknown events in the event manager should be removed or disabled.
7) Once you’ve completed all of these steps, restart your computer in normal mode to see if everything is fixed or if you’re still experiencing the same issue. If it doesn’t fix, then apply the 8th step as well.
8) Open the event viewer and check for any errors that occur while your computer is restarting. If you get the error there, then open it for the details and find the source file and uninstall its associated application.
That’s it for now. Please keep me updated with the results.+ 0