Disclosure: We are not providing any kind of paid support. Beware of scammers. This page may contain affiliate links read disclaimer
Ask New Question
  • McAfee popup comes from Microsoft Edge

I was doing this to remove some kind of McAfee thing that I think came with a Micrsoft date that keeps blocking websites I frequented for years with no issues. YOUR PROGRAM FOUND NOTHING.
    Plus your website refuses to acknowledge my email at ca*****tt@aol.com

1 Replies Reply
  • Author
    Replies
  • |  

Dear Brigitte Bratt,

I apologize for the inconvenience you’ve experienced with our tool and for the frustration caused by the McAfee pop-up issue. It seems that our tool didn’t detect anything on your system.

Typically, the McAfee pop-up comes from Microsoft Edge, often through ‘push notifications’. You can resolve this by removing any unknown or unwanted websites from the ‘push notification’ settings in Microsoft Edge.

To assist you further, I am going to share a step-by-step guide below:

1. Open Microsoft Edge.
    2. Click on the three-dot menu icon located at the top-right corner.
    3. Choose “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
    4. Scroll down and click on “Cookies and site permissions” under “Privacy, search, and services”.
    5. Select “Notifications”.
    6. Here, you’ll see a list of websites allowed to send notifications. Look for any unfamiliar or unwanted sites and click on the three-dot menu next to each one.
    7. Click on “Remove” to stop receiving notifications from that particular site.
      If you encounter any difficulties or if this solution doesn’t resolve the issue, I recommend trying the following alternative tools:

Download Adwcleaner. and run its scan once.
    Download Zemana and run its scan.
    Download HitmanPro and run its scan.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

Upload Images

Drag & drop, tap, or click

Reply To: McAfee popup comes from Microsoft Edge
Your information:

Scroll to Top